Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I going mad? (Don't answer that.)

I ordered a M3 LR / white / white / towhitch / 19" wheels in early March and the price then was £51,440 with the £3,500 grant. I'm ready to make the downpayment and Telsa are still saying that is the best price, but if I put it through the website now, even with the reduced £3,000 grant it comes to £50,440.

It's not a huge difference, I know, but there must have been a price change at some point? Tesla are telling me that it is due to the VAT being "estimated" - I've never heard of that before.

Finally created a profile after lurking for a month as the wait is killing me too...

Ordered a LR Black/Black with 19 inch wheels on 30/06... still no vin, text, nothing :(

Is anybody else waiting for that particular spec? I thought it was as standard as it gets....

Finally created a profile after lurking for a month as the wait is killing me too...

Ordered a LR Black/Black with 19 inch wheels on 30/06... still no vin, text, nothing :(

Is anybody else waiting for that particular spec? I thought it was as standard as it gets....
Still waiting on my M3 Blue with black interior, stock everything else, ordered 2/6/20 BUT lease company probably sat on it for a while as it took a month to get the RN.

Still nothing from Tesla yet

I am in the text recipients club! I'd given up pursuing Tesla directly, trying carefully to wean myself off the new dependency I had formed, so came as a nice surprise! Offered as a home delivery for 02nd Sept. I don't know the VIN but maybe if I gave them a call? Not sure it matters much does it?
Mine is via a lease company, so the text reflected that:
"Tesla Update: Congratulations! Your Tesla has now been authorised by your leasing company and is due for delivery on Wed 02 September...."

Reactions: JupiterMan
Hi all, does anyone know what a home delivery in the UK looks like, post- (the start of) Covid? I was expecting a pickup but apparently I'm getting a delivery on the 13th (Aug , 2020). I'd love to know what this will look like (car driven to me, one car on a trailer, transporter, etc). Does anyone know? Sorry if this is a FAQ I've missed :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Mark S
Hi all, does anyone know what a home delivery in the UK looks like, post- (the start of) Covid? I was expecting a pickup but apparently I'm getting a delivery on the 13th (Aug , 2020). I'd love to know what this will look like (car driven to me, one car on a trailer, transporter, etc). Does anyone know? Sorry if this is a FAQ I've missed :)
In my case the car was delivered on a low loader by a contract driver - reversed it onto the drive, left key cards on the seat & wiped interior surfaces and the door handle with an antiseptic cloth before he let me touch anything.

We then started working through the checklist for any obvious issues (none). Was happy to wait as long as I wanted even though it was late on a Friday & he was returning to West Drayton. Tesla apparently ask these guys to submit their own summary of any blemishes that they find.

He'd been delivering Model 3s for several weeks and was pretty keyed up on things to look out for (....in spite of a lot of stuff you read on forums, he said most were in great condition, just like mine).

In my case the car was delivered on a low loader by a contract driver - reversed it onto the drive, left key cards on the seat & wiped interior surfaces and the door handle with an antiseptic cloth before he let me touch anything.

Do you have a copy of the checklist?

We then started working through the checklist for any obvious issues (none). Was happy to wait as long as I wanted even though it was late on a Friday & he was returning to West Drayton. Tesla apparently ask these guys to submit their own summary of any blemishes that they find.

He'd been delivering Model 3s for several weeks and was pretty keyed up on things to look out for (....in spite of a lot of stuff you read on forums, he said most were in great condition, just like mine).

Status
Not open for further replies.