Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the next steps after the delivery date confirmation text please? Will they send further updates between now and delivery?

If you have Contactless Delivery they will send you another SMS with a link, on the day of delivery itself so you can track your car as it makes it's way to you. You will also receive an email from Tesla after delivery to activate your phone app.

How have people managed to get Tesla to confirm the ship their car is on?

We called early last week as we saw our spec on the new inventory, they confirmed at that stage we'd been matched to a car and provided the full VIN over the phone. When asked what ship the car was on the advisor said "I don't have access to that but can confirm its on the next ship to arrive in the UK" ... We took this as Glovis Sun. However, since that call we haven't received any SMS confirming our collection - we assume all owners of cars on Glovis Sun would have been text by now with a pickup date right?

Cheers.

How have people managed to get Tesla to confirm the ship their car is on?

We called early last week as we saw our spec on the new inventory, they confirmed at that stage we'd been matched to a car and provided the full VIN over the phone. When asked what ship the car was on the advisor said "I don't have access to that but can confirm its on the next ship to arrive in the UK" ... We took this as Glovis Sun. However, since that call we haven't received any SMS confirming our collection - we assume all owners of cars on Glovis Sun would have been text by now with a pickup date right?

Cheers.
Try again, it depends on who you get. After a bit of prompting the guy I rang could tell me my car was on the Grand Dahlia

Yeah I had a similar situation, the rep was reluctant in giving me the ships name "we don't give out vessels name- but rest assured it is on the next one", I quickly spun it and asked if GS or Dahlia, and she confirmed Dahlia for me (which by the way isn't the next one)

Yeah I had a similar situation, the rep was reluctant in giving me the ships name "we don't give out vessels name- but rest assured it is on the next one", I quickly spun it and asked if GS or Dahlia, and she confirmed Dahlia for me (which by the way isn't the next one)

It seems to be the luck of the draw when you call up Tesla Delivery...

When I called to enquire about the progress of my order a few weeks ago, the first thing the guy said was "You've been matched last night and your car is on a ship called the Glovis Sun" without prompt.. Then proceeded to scan thru the system and tell me the VIN and confirm all the specs are correct. Had a funny chat about Tesla geeks monitoring shipping trackers for their cars :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Great! I am setting my expectations that it will be a shed in the middle of a parking lot after hearing what other new Tesla delivery centres are like :)
I know what you mean, I pick mine up from Stockport in a couple of weeks but there’s one supposedly opening up near me in Chester and the area it says on Google maps is just part of the car park for the retail park

For those with cars on the Glovis Sun, how can we get a heads up from those in Europe who'll be getting theirs before us whether there's a wireleaa charger installed as standard or not. Assuming as she is in Belgium now then they should get collecting theirs before ours on 12th onwards

Cheeers

... no doubt there will be some whoops of glee and/or howls of disappointment from those who have/haven’t got the spec change.

It seemed that there was a VIN range point after which all cars would have the updated spec, something like 73xxxx or 74xxxx ? Sure I read that from one of the US folks on here in the Model 3 main section.

Reactions: KJRowe6
Most will, the interesting question is when the switch was made. It is possible that on Q3 shipments to EU there will be some older build cars without this config. Q4 onwards should be 100%

Hmm, I was told by the Tesla rep on the phone that my car will have wireless charging/USB-C and is the '2020' spec, although my VIN is 754xxx which seems a lot lower than anyone else's I've seen posted here.

I wonder, do I have grounds to reject the car if it's not the newer spec?

Status
Not open for further replies.