Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to go back to an earlier call I had with Tesla, they mentioned that cars registered after 26th August will have a 70 plate. Maybe that’s when we can expect to find out what our reg is?
Hello @DanAndTheBeard, that’s interesting. Do you know what that means for folk like me who have a pickup scheduled for 31 August? I always assumed that one couldn’t drive before the official reg change date.

Do you know what that means for folk like me who have a pickup scheduled for 31 August? I always assumed that one couldn’t drive before the official reg change date.

Unfortunately, I do not know the details. I’m just going off what I was told, so may not even be accurate.
My guess is that to provide a registration 5 days prior to collection (Also quoted by a Tesla rep), the DVLA would have to release the 70 plates in time to allow for people wanting the new plates right on 1st September. That may be the intention behind the comment from Tesla.

I’d recommend giving them a call and (depending on who you get) they’ll be able to tell you.

• Disagree
Reactions: JupiterMan
Status
Not open for further replies.