Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordered Last week and got a text today as to schedule delivery and the blasted link threw an error (apparently this is common...).

Called them up and its ready to collect from the 24th onwards! so I manage to stall till the 3d of September (Ill pay on the 1st) as they should yield a 70 reg :)

Ordered Last week and got a text today as to schedule delivery and the blasted link threw an error (apparently this is common...).

Called them up and its ready to collect from the 24th onwards! so I manage to stall till the 3d of September (Ill pay on the 1st) as they should yield a 70 reg :)

Yes that delivery schedule link failed for me too.
Unfortunately to ring them I had to go via UK Relay as I'm deaf.
I have a collection from Southampton on the 7th so mine's a 70 plate too :)

Yes that delivery schedule link failed for me too.
Unfortunately to ring them I had to go via UK Relay as I'm deaf.
I have a collection from Southampton on the 7th so mine's a 70 plate too :)

Good man. Sorted!

If you haven't sorted your insurance, it could be a good day to get a quote from churchill today as i feel they are having a generous day... £365 with ncb protected for us.... thats a price drop of £130 from the quote last week!!

If you waiting for a VIN I recommend trying the chat function found within the Design Studio. I idly clicked on it not expecting a response and was immediately connected to a very helpful member of the 'virtual team' based in Birmingham.

I speculatively asked if I gave him my RN number could he see if I had a VIN matched. He double checked and I have, and I now have it.

I've now also subscribed to the tracking function offered by @Vedaprime so that should be interesting to watch.

That was quick!
Still waiting and I ordered on the 29th July.[/QUOTE

It depend on what you want. This as for the Mrs. (im waiting on a model y) and it was quite easy....she wanted it in white vanilla speck by choice and that works for me since it doesn't eat into my performance Y. I ordered from the inventory. Have a look...if there is something there you fancy then get yourself matched is my best explanation/advice.

'well within tolerance for a Tesla' and 'We at Tesla know our cars aren't made to the same quality as the bigger manufacturers, but you are paying for the technology'

Which I'm personally totally fine with, for now. Mine has some uneven panel lines, but also the driver's seatbelt is twisted 360 (the cable at the bottom has been bolted in with a full twist in the belt!). I'll get it sorted with a service visit I'm sure, and I'm delighted with the car because... it's utterly brilliant, but there's no way these issues would be there with [insert name of quality European manufacturer here].

If Tesla want to remain top dog once the established manufacturers in Europe get up to speed though, they are really going to have to fix the QA. The faults on mine would get you laughed out of an Audi garage (just for example). Right now VAG have nothing to touch TSLA products but if and when they do, stuff like this is going to be a massive deal in Europe at least. My experience with dozens of US (rental) cars is they are often pretty badly made, but it mostly doesn't matter because that's what the market expects. Not sure that will work in all markets though, if/when there are technologically comparable products available.

But right now there aren't, and I wouldn't swap my 5-day-old M3P (faults and all) for pretty much anything, at pretty much any price, and I've been lucky enough to drive and own some amazing ICE cars ;)

And I have confidence that the production QA will be fixed when it needs to be; I can see that that is just not actually the most important thing for their mission right now. I'm still all in.

Pleased to say my car has arrived. no problems that I can see, other than the rear number plate is a little on the slant... not sure if this is something I can adjust myself... paint, gaps etc all fine, came with correct cables.

Had 88% charge and 6 miles on the clock. mines a 748** VIN and includes wireless charging / USB-C

The car had "transport mode" still enabled on delivery (Big red letters telling me thus plastered across the screen), easily removed but took a call to the Tesla centre to tell me how (Hold Tesla T for 10 seconds, then type transport when prompted).

been out for a small drive and am blown away - loving it.

will of course post some pics later.

delivery day for me today.....!

After Fridays deliveries all seemed to be very late in the day, I've been preparing myself to watch my phone all day for a confirmation that it is on the way & tracking link... but its 8:45am and have just got the Text... its on its way!!

Don't think I will get much work done today! :cool:

hope all goes well, if I recall you have also been waiting a fair few months ? Enjoy ! :)

Got my LR AWD M3 on Friday and after a weekend of owning it I am in love! It’s a fantastic car and a dream to drive. Whole delivery experience to home was good too. I do have some marks and couple of scratches which I have logged in the app so hopefully they will be sorted (appointment is for 10th September at home). One of the things I have logged are some strange ‘smudges’ which dont seem to come away with light rubbing and I dont want to spend too much time trying to fix myself in case I make it worse. Pics here though in case anyone has had these before. Also pics of scratches too for info...

Attachments

• E7582BCB-9795-4D73-BED5-430FE60FA7F3.jpeg
    E7582BCB-9795-4D73-BED5-430FE60FA7F3.jpeg
    483.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 8A2FB63E-A60A-42C8-A74E-B024ACBC2237.jpeg
    8A2FB63E-A60A-42C8-A74E-B024ACBC2237.jpeg
    585.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 3135899A-53C6-4764-8E71-330A327D39CF.jpeg
    3135899A-53C6-4764-8E71-330A327D39CF.jpeg
    546.8 KB · Views: 50
  • C17742C2-9198-44CA-B75A-B2C39428C960.jpeg
    C17742C2-9198-44CA-B75A-B2C39428C960.jpeg
    409.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 011B71EF-35E3-4D68-9386-F83B236E65BD.jpeg
    011B71EF-35E3-4D68-9386-F83B236E65BD.jpeg
    250.9 KB · Views: 48
  • D565B59F-3CD2-471C-BF9A-2F044D5C39DC.jpeg
    D565B59F-3CD2-471C-BF9A-2F044D5C39DC.jpeg
    379.4 KB · Views: 47
Pleased to say my car has arrived. no problems that I can see, other than the rear number plate is a little on the slant... not sure if this is something I can adjust myself... paint, gaps etc all fine, came with correct cables.

Had 88% charge and 6 miles on the clock. mines a 748** VIN and includes wireless charging / USB-C

The car had "transport mode" still enabled on delivery (Big red letters telling me thus plastered across the screen), easily removed but took a call to the Tesla centre to tell me how (Hold Tesla T for 10 seconds, then type transport when prompted).

been out for a small drive and am blown away - loving it.

will of course post some pics later.

Same solution for 'Service Mode' when it's at the SC. 'Service' is the password

Status
Not open for further replies.