Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at a model 3 in the inventory and view the page source, you'll see the hidden VIN's in there, but they only show the first few characters 5YJ3188 - not sure if they used to show the whole VIN which would give model year etc

View attachment 601940
I'm wondering whether they're now displaying the first 3 charaters and the last 4 - does anybody know? i.e. 5YJ (made in US) and 3188 (last 4 digits)

that’s a big oof right there!

Looks like I’ll be paying £371 a month for a Vauxhall corsa on hire to keep me going until something happens with the delivery. Weirdly I did look on autotrader yesterday at cars under £1000 but it made me anxious

I've done 2000 miles in it so far and (touch wood / fingers crossed) it's been perfectly reliable. Hopefully I'll sell it for what I bought it for.

I saw my spec was in the available inventory page this afternoon (SR+ White 19") so I called Tesla and the lady said I've already been matched and the car is on the way over. I just wanted to check as I would take the car from inventory if not. She said end of November for collection and would get notification about a week before. Constantly sitting on Mr Miserable fantastic shipping thread now I know mine is on Antwerp!

Likewise my spec (blue Performance) is also in the inventory listings now, so at least I know there’s one of the boat for me otherwise there wouldn’t be a spare for inventory.

I have ordered a red LR with hitch here in Norway and I can see a car in the inventory with my excact specs. I guess I can assume one is on the way for me as well then. It doesn't say "In transit" though.

My spec M3P (white with white interior) is in available inventory, but I think I'm still waiting for the lease company to tell Tesla I'm ok to get a match / delivery. *sadface*
I've LRM3 with white interior and 19" wheels on order. I spoke to Tesla this morning to see if they could match my order to the exact same that's currently showing as being in inventory ( which is also showing as a refreshed 2021 model). She couldn't find the car as being in the UK. I queried why it was showing asmbeing available for accelerated delivery...all she was able to confirm was that the inventory car was showing as being in pre-production.

Not sure what's going on here, but they seem too be getting themselves a bit confused!

I have ordered a red LR with hitch here in Norway and I can see a car in the inventory with my excact specs. I guess I can assume one is on the way for me as well then. It doesn't say "In transit" though.

Same here: Exact same ( new ) specs, not under transport and I have not been allocated a VIN...
But how can it be available for sale when the new spec M3's supposedly have not reached Europe yet? And if it is why don't they allocate it to me instead of putting it up for sale.
The Teslas move in a mysterious ways

The inventory cars aren’t available for sale really. If you tried to buy one, they’d give you a delivery date at the end of November after the first ship is due to arrive (see the shipping thread).

Inventory cars are ‘spare’ ones. Tesla don’t build to order. They just build combinations of cars they think will sell and ship them over. If there is an inventory one that matches your spec, it’s either because they haven’t matched you to it yet, or there’s more than one car that matches your spec, you’ve been matched to one and the spare is going into inventory. As they run through the matching process of cars in the ship to orders, the inventory will increase or decrease with unmatched cars.

• Informative
Reactions: Zakalwe
The inventory cars aren’t available for sale really. If you tried to buy one, they’d give you a delivery date at the end of November after the first ship is due to arrive (see the shipping thread).

Inventory cars are ‘spare’ ones. Tesla don’t build to order. They just build combinations of cars they think will sell and ship them over. If there is an inventory one that matches your spec, it’s either because they haven’t matched you to it yet, or there’s more than one car that matches your spec, you’ve been matched to one and the spare is going into inventory. As they run through the matching process of cars in the ship to orders, the inventory will increase or decrease with unmatched cars.

So I contacted Tesla about the 'inventory' car (not under transport) identical to the one I have already ordered and this is what I was told:
a) My order was not yet matched to any VIN.
b) The 'inventory' car was actually a pre-production car, not a car on any ship or in any harbor, but a car not yet manufactured.

The Tesla representative admitted that it was a bit weird that they give the impression of a possibility to receive a car earlier when shopping from the inventory, even when this isn't the case. She thought that it would be corrected.

So I contacted Tesla about the 'inventory' car (not under transport) identical to the one I have already ordered and this is what I was told:
a) My order was not yet matched to any VIN.
b) The 'inventory' car was actually a pre-production car, not a car on any ship or in any harbor, but a car not yet manufactured.

The Tesla representative admitted that it was a bit weird that they give the impression of a possibility to receive a car earlier when shopping from the inventory, even when this isn't the case. She thought that it would be corrected.
That's exactly what they told me too. It's how they roll.

I called Tesla today to see if they had any more info.
I have a BLUE LR with 19" black interior - ordered October 5th. No VIN and they were saying very late Nov early Dec, so presumably on the TRITON ACE rather than the ANTWERP.

Thing is, if there was an unallocated car in a slightly different spec available a bit quicker I would get it.

I called Tesla today to see if they had any more info.
I have a BLUE LR with 19" black interior - ordered October 5th. No VIN and they were saying very late Nov early Dec, so presumably on the TRITON ACE rather than the ANTWERP.

Thing is, if there was an unallocated car in a slightly different spec available a bit quicker I would get it.

Inventory cars do not mean that they are available for quicker delivery. It just means that they are currently unallocated.
I'm in the same boat at the moment. Ordered a white LR, white interior and 19% wheels mid-August and have been told that delivery will be somewhere between end November and December. They won't commit to anything else at the moment. Frustrating as hell (especially as my current car has to go back in a fortnight, so I am going to be without a car for at least 3 weeks). It is what it is unfortunately and this is the situation until Giga Berlin comes onstream.

Inventory cars do not mean that they are available for quicker delivery. It just means that they are currently unallocated.
I'm in the same boat at the moment. Ordered a white LR, white interior and 19% wheels mid-August and have been told that delivery will be somewhere between end November and December. They won't commit to anything else at the moment. Frustrating as hell (especially as my current car has to go back in a fortnight, so I am going to be without a car for at least 3 weeks). It is what it is unfortunately and this is the situation until Giga Berlin comes onstream.

Well, given they've effectively said I don't have a car on RCC ANTWERP. I'm saying one of the unallocated similar cars (even higher spec) on there and en route unallocated would be fine. But there's seemingly no way to make that happen regardless of the "inventory".

Status
Not open for further replies.