Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The locations are where the cars will end up.

Did you get an SMS to say you had been allocated a car? If so, when? Those texts tend to get sent when the ship your vehicle is on is about to or a couple of days after leaving San Francisco, and the collection SMS comes in around a week later when the ship is passing through, or just after passing through, the Panama Canal.

For context, I ordered a LR, blue, with 18" alloys on 17th Sept and am picking it up on the 5th December. From what I can tell it's on the Grand Aurora.

It looks like you ordered on the 16th October so my guess would be that the Grand Aurora is the earliest ship it could be on but I'd probably guess a later one.

Per my signature, I had the allocation text a week ago, but only after asking Tesla if I had been allocated a car yet, so the actual allocation could have been a few days before. All I know is that on the 3rd November I wasn't allocated a vehicle and by the 10th I was.

In theory I'm still in the window for Grand Aurora because the dates do fit, but on the face of it the allocation was quite late after she left SF (on 4th), then again it was before Glovis Crystal left so maybe that's where my car is.

In the days when Amazon can give me a map showing me exactly where my deliveries are and a two hour window of when they will get to me, a company like Tesla - who are supposedly working on "the future" - can't even confirm that a car has been built; it seems a bit half-baked.

Ah, apologies. Signatures don't show on mobile. I found your order date by looking through your old messages. I promise I'm not a stalker! :D

My allocation text was on the 4th and delivery text on the 12th. If I was a gambling man I'd say you'll get a delivery text next week.

Boooom! Phoned tesla today and they confirmed that my M3 is indeed on the Glovis Crystal! Ordered 28th Oct! Online account still says drafting payment something or other! Not an entirely helpful website. I think tesla underestimate how excited we get at this stage and when this happens our thirst for information on progress increases exponentially! Sort that out Tesla!

Per my signature, I had the allocation text a week ago, but only after asking Tesla if I had been allocated a car yet, so the actual allocation could have been a few days before. All I know is that on the 3rd November I wasn't allocated a vehicle and by the 10th I was.

In theory I'm still in the window for Grand Aurora because the dates do fit, but on the face of it the allocation was quite late after she left SF (on 4th), then again it was before Glovis Crystal left so maybe that's where my car is.

In the days when Amazon can give me a map showing me exactly where my deliveries are and a two hour window of when they will get to me, a company like Tesla - who are supposedly working on "the future" - can't even confirm that a car has been built; it seems a bit half-baked.

I received my VIN on 5th November and registration the next day ,which is a similar timescale , along with conformation that it is on Grand Aurora. It is being delivered to me on 9th December. I agree that the whole system is very frustrating and my car was ordered on 2nd September and first time I knew that I had an allocated car was on 5th November.
The good news is that I have become hooked on the Shipping forum with Mr Miserable and the humour, information and realisation that I wasn't the only one feeling that Tesla could improve their communications.

Boooom! Phoned tesla today and they confirmed that my M3 is indeed on the Glovis Crystal! Ordered 28th Oct! Online account still says drafting payment something or other! Not an entirely helpful website. I think tesla underestimate how excited we get at this stage and when this happens our thirst for information on progress increases exponentially! Sort that out Tesla!

Ditto - ordered on 24th October, and when I log in to my account I see:
"We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment"
Guessing mine is also on the Glovis Crystal. Not in a desperate rush, got the charge point to get installed first :)

If you received your allocation text 10th November (same as me) then you're on the GLOVIS CRYSTAL which means you got allocation text when it left SF harbor. You'll get another text late this week or early next week with a delivery date I'm 95-100% sure of that judging how other people went.

It also means your delivery date will be 14th December onwards. I have been SUPER anal in checking post/times/stamps/allocation/deliveries of other peoples and I think this is how they work.

I've also rang them far to many times. However now I'm just waiting as I said I'm sure this week/next we will get delivery text.

14th Onwards, mark it down:)

If you received your allocation text 10th November (same as me) then you're on the GLOVIS CRYSTAL which means you got allocation text when it left SF harbor.

GLOVIS CRYSTAL left harbour on the 14th November, but she did arrive at SF on the 10th to begin loading. So if allocations happen once the ships depart SF then we're on GRAND AURORA, but if they happen at loading then we're on GLOVIS CRYSTAL.

That being said, there were a load of delivery texts sent out as GRAND AURORA came through the Panama Canal, but it doesn't look like there have been any since then so I'm 90% sure we're on the later ship with delivery after 14th December.

That's annoying because Tesla must have known that would be the delivery timescales, but every time I've spoken to them they've told me it will be early December at the latest. If they'd been honest in the first place then I wouldn't be so irked.

I should know better, I had a PowerWall installed last year, then replaced when it developed a fault and both times they arrived 3-4 weeks after they originally told me they would. Tesla don't need to hire any more smart people to develop their technology, they need to hire someone to sort out their logistics and customer communications, they're hopeless.

Hi all
Just been on the phone to Tesla and they told me i have been assigned a car that is coming on a ship due to dock on the 16th December, they are not allowed to tell me the ships name so wondered if any of you lot know what ship is docking on the 16th December loaded with tesla model 3 cars so i can track it.

Thanks LB

Hi all
Just been on the phone to Tesla and they told me i have been assigned a car that is coming on a ship due to dock on the 16th December, they are not allowed to tell me the ships name so wondered if any of you lot know what ship is docking on the 16th December loaded with tesla model 3 cars so i can track it.

Thanks LB
Tesla told me without any issue. Mines Grand Aurora

Ordered my LR on 22nd Oct, allocation text on 10th when the car was finished loading. I was given a VIN on the phone but told that they do not normally allocate a VIN until the ship sets out as sometimes they need to change a VIN, due to damage or other issues.

I noted that others were sent delivery date texts only when their ship had exited the Panama Canal; it seems there are unknown delays when entering the locks and at the final exit locks. Not surprisingly I guess Tesla will only send out an update when they have some certainty. My car was verbally confirmed as being on the GLOVIS CRYSTAL but this ship has not yet reached Panama but is scheduled for 23rd Nov and hope to hear more a day or two after that.

Ordered my LR on 22nd Oct, allocation text on 10th when the car was finished loading. I was given a VIN on the phone but told that they do not normally allocate a VIN until the ship sets out as sometimes they need to change a VIN, due to damage or other issues.

I noted that others were sent delivery date texts only when their ship had exited the Panama Canal; it seems there are unknown delays when entering the locks and at the final exit locks. Not surprisingly I guess Tesla will only send out an update when they have some certainty. My car was verbally confirmed as being on the GLOVIS CRYSTAL but this ship has not yet reached Panama but is scheduled for 23rd Nov and hope to hear more a day or two after that.
Yes this aligns with everything I know and ordered on the 23/10. Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.