TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2019.28.3 fd63a5e

Discussion in 'Model S' started by ahkahn, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Birdman325

Birdman325 Member

I was just about to ask whether 28.3 addressed the issue that I have been having (and I understand others as well) on 24.4 with (i) previously used USB flash drives which have been working perfectly well for months, now reporting "USB too slow" errors and (ii) some odd behaviour with Sentry not always providing visible cues when activated (red eye, lights illuminating etc).

2. ibGeek

ibGeek Member

Tesla had been getting complaints about issues with Sentry and Dash Cam (mostly Sentry) video recording so they tightened down the requirements on the media you can use a bit. I switched to an old SSD that I had laying around and it's been fine ever since. Thumb drives should not be used. Micro SD cards designed for drones are fast enough and should not cause issues. They are also very cheap now.

More info on choosing an sd card here: Fastest Micro SD Card Speed Tests | 2019 | Have Camera Will Travel
    And you will need an adapter as well.

3. ibGeek

ibGeek Member

Looks like this build is going out (at least for now) primarily for European countries.

4. Didgie

Didgie Member

I got 28.2 (FULL SYSTEMS MELTDOWN)

Then after systems rebuild at Tesla Service Centre got 28.3 in quick succession.

Found 2019.28 to be an improvement on previous versions, less issues in NoAP, smoother lane merge, even crossed a few roundabouts (although that may just be fluke :)).

• Like x 1
  5. ibGeek

ibGeek Member

This just popped up so clearly the 28.x build is a work in progress.

2019.28.3.1 f9e95acd

6. emmz0r

emmz0r Member

I just got 2019.28.3.1 f9e95acd installed. This must have been an important fix, since I detected no wifi activity today nor yesteday. I must have gotten it over LTE!

Hope it fixes the crazy ghost braking.

• Like x 1
  7. ibGeek

ibGeek Member

Please let us know.

• Like x 1
  8. mattack4000

mattack4000 Active Member

When the car sees merges, it won’t try to drive across and get in the middle it appears. I got the 28.3 bug fix too over lte, must be important

9. Ostrichsak

Ostrichsak Member

Hopefully they fixed the new Bluetooth bug they introduced recently.

10. Didgie

Didgie Member

Got 28.3.1 tonight and will test tomorrow. Not expecting to see anything, most likely just bug fixes.

Any suggestions on what test I should do and what issue to look for?

11. drew.c

drew.c Member

12. luckyj

luckyj Member

Came from 28.2 to 28.3.1 today, had the flashing lights on wake with 28.2, but so far no flashing with 28.3.1. Have a long drive tomorrow, so we'll see if AP is any different.

• Like x 2
  13. Didgie

Didgie Member

We
    often get flashing lights during updates but it usually stops once it’s installed and done it’s reboots. Was it flashing for a long time after install?

14. drew.c

drew.c Member

The 'flashing lights' issue was happening during the overnight hours. For me it was up to 5-6 times a night. My Wyze cam would record it in my garage. Sine I upgraded to 28.3.1 yesterday, I had no blinking lights last night. That was the first time since 8/9/19.

15. blkpantha

blkpantha eddiek69mlw

Got mine yesterday... am grateful for updates:) however whenever my update is complete, the release notes are blank. Not a biggie...do I have to get into the manual to see release notes?

16. emmz0r

emmz0r Member

Ghost braking is the same, it still brakes for cars in the right lane from the fast lane. It seems to have become more strict again when it comes to detect lanes on the sides making automatic lane change useless again

• Informative x 1
  17. Impala1ss

Impala1ss Member

Can someone explain how a software change to a newer version can affect something else? If you get "chess" for example how could it affect the headlights making them blink?

18. ahkahn

ahkahn Member

"Other bug fixes and improvements"

They're not just adding Chess, they're changing lots of things with each build. Perhaps a fix for one problem creates 3 more problems they didn't anticipate.

• Like x 1
  19. SeminoleFSU

SeminoleFSU Voluntaryist

I've been seeing the blinking lights on 28.2 almost every night between 11pm-12am. It's pretty spooky. Seems to be the DTRL and headlights, but it does it one side at a time and it's not a full on/off flash, it's more like a dimming effect. Best way to describe it is if you had a light on a dimmer switch that's off and you flip them on, push the dimmer from low to high, then back to low then off. Then the other side does the same thing. Very odd. At first I thought it was a sentry mode feature to scare off would be vandals/thieves but I have my home set to be excluded..

20. Silicon Desert

Silicon Desert Active Member

It's a common thing. Just have some patience and wait a minute and notes will usually appear. If not, just close the release notes page and bring it back up again.