Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.28.3 fd63a5e

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now I get USB too slow to write message

I was just about to ask whether 28.3 addressed the issue that I have been having (and I understand others as well) on 24.4 with (i) previously used USB flash drives which have been working perfectly well for months, now reporting "USB too slow" errors and (ii) some odd behaviour with Sentry not always providing visible cues when activated (red eye, lights illuminating etc).

I was just about to ask whether 28.3 addressed the issue that I have been having (and I understand others as well) on 24.4 with (i) previously used USB flash drives which have been working perfectly well for months, now reporting "USB too slow" errors and (ii) some odd behavior with Sentry not always providing visible cues when activated (red eye, lights illuminating etc).

Tesla had been getting complaints about issues with Sentry and Dash Cam (mostly Sentry) video recording so they tightened down the requirements on the media you can use a bit. I switched to an old SSD that I had laying around and it's been fine ever since. Thumb drives should not be used. Micro SD cards designed for drones are fast enough and should not cause issues. They are also very cheap now.

More info on choosing an sd card here: Fastest Micro SD Card Speed Tests | 2019 | Have Camera Will Travel
And you will need an adapter as well.

I got 28.2 (FULL SYSTEMS MELTDOWN)

Then after systems rebuild at Tesla Service Centre got 28.3 in quick succession.

Found 2019.28 to be an improvement on previous versions, less issues in NoAP, smoother lane merge, even crossed a few roundabouts (although that may just be fluke :)).

Reactions: emmz0r
We
Came from 28.2 to 28.3.1 today, had the flashing lights on wake with 28.2, but so far no flashing with 28.3.1. Have a long drive tomorrow, so we'll see if AP is any different.
often get flashing lights during updates but it usually stops once it’s installed and done it’s reboots. Was it flashing for a long time after install?

The 'flashing lights' issue was happening during the overnight hours. For me it was up to 5-6 times a night. My Wyze cam would record it in my garage. Sine I upgraded to 28.3.1 yesterday, I had no blinking lights last night. That was the first time since 8/9/19.

I was experiencing the blinking light syndrome with my S so I contacted my local Ranger tech and he started looking into it and I then got the 28.3 update a few hours later, maybe a coincidence, maybe not. I have not experienced the blinking light issue since the update so I think that is one of the things they fixed.

Can someone explain how a software change to a newer version can affect something else? If you get "chess" for example how could it affect the headlights making them blink?

Can someone explain how a software change to a newer version can affect something else? If you get "chess" for example how could it affect the headlights making them blink?

"Other bug fixes and improvements"

They're not just adding Chess, they're changing lots of things with each build. Perhaps a fix for one problem creates 3 more problems they didn't anticipate.

Reactions: croman
We

often get flashing lights during updates but it usually stops once it’s installed and done it’s reboots. Was it flashing for a long time after install?
I've been seeing the blinking lights on 28.2 almost every night between 11pm-12am. It's pretty spooky. Seems to be the DTRL and headlights, but it does it one side at a time and it's not a full on/off flash, it's more like a dimming effect. Best way to describe it is if you had a light on a dimmer switch that's off and you flip them on, push the dimmer from low to high, then back to low then off. Then the other side does the same thing. Very odd. At first I thought it was a sentry mode feature to scare off would be vandals/thieves but I have my home set to be excluded..