Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.28.3 fd63a5e

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm still stuck on 24.1.5.
It freaked out on me yesterday - thought there was a car in front of me and beeped and applied brakes and put a red car on my dash right in front of me and then 0.75 seconds later - all clear. Never did that before.

I just experienced this for the first time the other day trying to order carry-out from a local restaurant. By the time we got the order in we were already there and had to wait 10 minutes for it to be ready. So much far calling ahead to save time. SUPER annoying. The person told us when we arrived that she could hear me the whole time even though I couldn't hear her.

If this is the same bug I have when I can’t hear the other person talking (or vice versa), then use the scroll button for volume a couple of clicks during the call and both parties can hear each other.

I just got 2019.28.3.1 f9e95acd installed. This must have been an important fix, since I detected no wifi activity today nor yesteday. I must have gotten it over LTE!

Hope it fixes the crazy ghost braking.
Ah yes, I also noticed a hi level of ghost breaking on 2019.28.3 last week, and now, early today, despite being parked in a garage on LTE, I’m offered 2019.28.3.1 f9e95acd. Guess I’ll update before the long drive home, always a bit riskier when away. Anybody know about how much battery % or range loss I can expect doing an update on a Model 3 LR AWD? Sentry mode on loses 24 miles of range per 24 hours, but off, it’s just ~3 miles of range loss per 24 hours.

2019.28.3.1 is back to the much better 2019.20.x release level of phantom braking for me. 24.4 was somehow a heck of a lot worse, and also was really bad at pulling up to stationary vehicles. Not sure what went wrong with that release, but I'm glad to get back to where we were with 2019.28.3.1

• Informative
Reactions: selfbp
I just got 28.3.1 tonight....I have not driven car for 2 days....my odd showed 192 miles left....Today if showed 191 miles left.....A/C and Security off, dash cam off.......I feel lucky I do not have a lot of phantom darn....Wonder what will happen after I load up 28.3.1. Should I soft boot after downloading new software?

I just got 28.3.1 tonight....I have not driven car for 2 days....my odd showed 192 miles left....Today if showed 191 miles left.....A/C and Security off, dash cam off.......I feel lucky I do not have a lot of phantom darn....Wonder what will happen after I load up 28.3.1. Should I soft boot after downloading new software?
People insist you do all sorts of things with every upgrade, reboots, hard reboots, power down, you name it... Just do nothing; it's just as effective in my experience.

I have the same phantom braking, but the car seems to stay more centered in the lane on 2019.28.3.1 than any previous update - especially in the HOV lane with tall median strips - so that makes me happy. The phantom braking and micro steering corrections is still annoying, though