Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.32.1 Lane Departure Avoidance & Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2019.32.1 Was sent out a couple days ago. Lane Departure warning and Emergency avoidance appeared to be part of the update, at least for newer 2018 & 2019 vehicles. But as a Mid 2017 Model X Hardware 2.0 owner, I don't seem to have this in my update. Anyone else know why or what's the deal? MCU needed? Or do we need the self driving chip/board? Doesn't seem to make sense why.

2019.32.1 Was sent out a couple days ago. Lane Departure warning and Emergency avoidance appeared to be part of the update, at least for newer 2018 & 2019 vehicles. But as a Mid 2017 Model X Hardware 2.0 owner, I don't seem to have this in my update. Anyone else know why or what's the deal? MCU needed? Or do we need the self driving chip/board? Doesn't seem to make sense why.
check your AP settings? shows up on my hw2.5 mcu1 car (nov 2017 production) And as such it must be present on hw2.0 as well

LSS.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: ironwaffle
check your AP settings? shows up on my hw2.5 mcu1 car (nov 2017 production) And as such it must be present on hw2.0 as well
Not present in the patch notes or in options on my AP2 Model X. Obviously the MCU1 has nothing to do with AP options, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's simply a code issue between AP2 and AP2.5 that's limiting the availability at the moment. There shouldn't be any technical limitations preventing LDA and ELDA from operating on AP2.

I have AP 2.0, X (April 2017 build) with FSD. Got this update (32.1) but there is nothing in the release note about lane departure avoidance (emergency or not).

I’m wondering, how bad AP 2.0 should have been? Is it the slow processing power of the computer or the non redundancy wiring system?

If it’s the later, how would we ever have FSD features even when they swap the computer?

Are we AP 2.0 people screwed?

Reactions: MIT_S60
I have AP 2.0, X (April 2017 build) with FSD. Got this update (32.1) but there is nothing in the release note about lane departure avoidance (emergency or not).

I’m wondering, how bad AP 2.0 should have been? Is it the slow processing power of the computer or the non redundancy wiring system?

If it’s the later, how would we ever have FSD features even when they swap the computer?

There's nothing anymore advanced about LDA or ELDA than autosteer or blind spot monitoring, so I'd find it hard to believe that any technical limitations are holding back the release on AP2. It seems more likely to me that the code for Model S/X on AP2.5 was just ready first.

There's nothing anymore advanced about LDA or ELDA than autosteer or blind spot monitoring, so I'd find it hard to believe that any technical limitations are holding back the release on AP2. It seems more likely to me that the code for Model S/X on AP2.5 was just ready first.
I hope that is the case. But then why release it for AP2, if the code is not ready for it?

I don't think so, I'm pretty sure LDA & ELDA are on a gradual roll-out, as this feature was on Model 3's 3-4 months ago, and it was mentioned in the Tesla blog that it would be introduced to all cars built from Oct 2016.

I tried drifting over the yellow line today with this activated. No corrective steering was applied by the Tesla... Not sure how this works or what it does.

I took my X for a test run today, LDA is meant to either, depending on your settings, warn (vibration) or steer your car back if you veer close to or over the lane lines, It can be a little flaky, also make sure that you've enabled it in the settings, and you also have to be going over 40mph/65kph for it to be enabled.

I don't think so, I'm pretty sure LDA & ELDA are on a gradual roll-out, as this feature was on Model 3's 3-4 months ago, and it was mentioned in the Tesla blog that it would be introduced to all cars built from Oct 2016.

I took my X for a test run today, LDA is meant to either, depending on your settings, warn (vibration) or steer your car back if you veer close to or over the lane lines, It can be a little flaky, also make sure that you've enabled it in the settings, and you also have to be going over 40mph/65kph for it to be enabled.

Interesting, I also have a 3 and have experimented with the lane assist and am pretty sure it worked at slower speeds as well. Does seem to work better on freeways. You are right pretty flaky, sometimes it works well, other times it works when not needed, and other times doesn’t work when it would have been needed.

I did test out my HW2.5 model x after receiving this update, so far haven’t been able to trigger it. But as you mentioned this was at spees slower than 40. I’ll have to take it on the freeway and feel it out...

With the whole Tesla insurance and them supposedly being able to assess our driving aptitude and designate risk, I’m starting to question if I should continue testing the boundaries of these systems.... probably getting multiple dings as a poor driver. : )

Reactions: Tdreamer

I'm pretty sure it's more sensitive to you leaving your lane if you don't appear to be paying attention. If it detects hands on the wheel and lane departure without signaling, it just assumes you traded in a BMW.

Interesting feedback everyone, 2017 July Model X. HW2.0 no sign of this feature in my latest 2019.32.1 update. Still waiting. My old 2014 Subaru Outback has lane departure warning if i switch lanes without signaling. Find the beeping kind of annoying to be honest. Seems like it is with AP in general, this thing will have to learn to get better?

Interesting feedback everyone, 2017 July Model X. HW2.0 no sign of this feature in my latest 2019.32.1 update. Still waiting. My old 2014 Subaru Outback has lane departure warning if i switch lanes without signaling. Find the beeping kind of annoying to be honest. Seems like it is with AP in general, this thing will have to learn to get better?
Model X already has lane departure warning, it should be in your options.