Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.32.x.x comments and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am on 2019.32 and I had a problem this morning. I was able to put it in drive but the 17” screen would not turn on. I did not get a message saying “Wait, the car is starting up”. I got the out of the car and shut it down. I then got back in the car and got the message saying it was starting up. It took about 30 seconds for the 17” screen to turn on.

I was not aware a model 3 that didnt have a screen on would be able to display a message of "wait the car is starting up". Where would it display a message if the screen was not on, on a model 3 (which this post is in the forum of)?

I am on 2019.32 and I had a problem this morning. I was able to put it in drive but the 17” screen would not turn on. I did not get a message saying “Wait, the car is starting up”. I got the out of the car and shut it down. I then got back in the car and got the message saying it was starting up. It took about 30 seconds for the 17” screen to turn on.

Wrong forum, btw.

Wrong forum, btw.
That’s my biggest gripe with TMC. This level of duplication is completely unnecessary.
As an owner of both a Model S and a Model 3 I wish that Firmware forums were independent of the models. Firmware versions have more in common across all vehicles than they have differences.

That’s my biggest gripe with TMC. This level of duplication is completely unnecessary.
As an owner of both a Model S and a Model 3 I wish that Firmware forums were independent of the models. Firmware versions have more in common across all vehicles than they have differences.

They are... there is a software forum... but people tend to post these threads in the individual sections anyway instead of putting them in the software forum where they go.

Software Updates

They are... there is a software forum... but people tend to post these threads in the individual sections anyway instead of putting them in the software forum where they go.

Software Updates
Thanks,
All the firmware threads should be merged there by the moderators so everyone gets onboard.
Here’s the thread on 2019.32 in that forum:
2019.32.9dO....

I made that suggestion earlier this week to a mod. His repose was no, because the threads were in different forums! Yeah, really - it happened.

I actually can understand the mods reply...especially because many people stay in the forum for their model car, instead of looking in the other ones.

There is also more traffic to the model 3 forum than the others I would imagine (many more model 3s than model S and X due to price point). Just like on the BMW forums, people tend to post things where they will get the most eyeballs, even if there is a "better" place for it.

I actually can understand the mods reply...especially because many people stay in the forum for their model car, instead of looking in the other ones.

There is also more traffic to the model 3 forum than the others I would imagine (many more model 3s than model S and X due to price point). Just like on the BMW forums, people tend to post things where they will get the most eyeballs, even if there is a "better" place for it.

Plus I don’t want to read about Model S changes etc. I can see the argument both ways, of course.

Plus I don’t want to read about Model S changes etc. I can see the argument both ways, of course.
Perhaps some would prefer an additional forum for Model 3 Performance versions which get Track Mode...
Might as well have separate forums for every hardware version.
Non-AP, AP1, AP2, AP2.5 & AP 3. Almost forgot MCU1s & MCU2s & Ravens.
Even though they all run on the same software that is smart enough to deal with different hardware variants. Perhaps computer software has surpassed the capabilities of some humans.

I'm on just plain .32, not 32.1. And I've had a weird computer re-boot issue ever since it was first downloaded.

When I got into the car the first time after I'd received a push notification on my phone that the software update was complete, the car immediately rebooted the MCU. This was the first time I'd seen it re-boot.

Ever since getting 32.0, the MCU has been re-booting often. Like about every other time I get in the car. I'm still able to drive the car while the MCU boots, but it's still a bit annoying.

Anyone else experienced this? I'm hoping that one of the things that 32.1 fixes is this frequent MCU re-boot.

I sure wish my car would get flagged as needing the update to 32.1.

I'm on just plain .32, not 32.1. And I've had a weird computer re-boot issue ever since it was first downloaded.

When I got into the car the first time after I'd received a push notification on my phone that the software update was complete, the car immediately rebooted the MCU. This was the first time I'd seen it re-boot.

Ever since getting 32.0, the MCU has been re-booting often. Like about every other time I get in the car. I'm still able to drive the car while the MCU boots, but it's still a bit annoying.

Anyone else experienced this? I'm hoping that one of the things that 32.1 fixes is this frequent MCU re-boot.

I sure wish my car would get flagged as needing the update to 32.1.

Not encountered this on my car. I'm also on plain .32.