Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.32.x.x comments and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was driving last night and had my phone hot-spot turned on for the kids. When I went to park it, I got the pop-up saying there was an update available. Looked at my data usage and saw a good data spike when the car grabbed the update. This was the first update I've received since buying the car almost 3 weeks ago. Updated from 28.2.1.

Drove to work for the first time on .32. For the first time in my Tesla ownership I have to say that Autopilot has gotten worse. I experienced consistent phantom braking when approaching overpasses the car handled without issue in previous versions. It was bad enough that I manually controlled the accelerator to avoid getting rear ended in traffic. Hopefully, this is addressed in an update soon.

Give it a day or so to smooth out and then report back if you are still having problems. Over the years, we've often seen issues immediately after an update but then things usually settle back down, even while on the same firmware. I drove on 2019.32 today and haven't had any issues since installing it last night.

Also, if you don't want potential issues, turn off the Advanced setting for Software Updates. Then you won't get it as early and any potential issues should be ironed out before your car is updated.

Anyone know how to confirm if you have a v2 key fob?

Received 2019.32 a few days ago on post-refresh 2016 S75D. I have 3 keys, and wasn't aware there were two versions. No functional different I noticed. The range all suck.

The label in the battery slot shows the following.
Model No : 002 - The car recognized as V1
Model No : 0749G12 - Recognized as V2

During the update, for V1 key, it says, V1 already up-to-date. For V2 keys, it kept failing until I tried removing all other keys from the car and had only one key with me. Not certain if it was related, but try it if keeps failing.

• Helpful
Reactions: Shateam and MP3Mike
Teslas servers were up and down a bit yesterday, causing some app and update issues for me but did finally get .32.

The stats app now does not seem to recognize I am at my home location, and keeps turning Sentry on, in my garage.

I run the Tesla app on my iPhone XR and my iPad , but now it will connect from the phone only, and not the iPad.

.32 appears to be a pretty large scale release, thought I don’t see that reflected in the stats app % yet.

This is my Model 3 update
C02DCD23-4091-4E95-9CF6-DC123D4D912E.jpeg

So, I waited two days, and several different drives, before posting this...

Unlike any prior updates, I noticed what thought was more power, and smoother consistent power, since 2019.32 was installed - almost like my LR AWD got a "Stealth" M3P- upgrade... :eek::D The car feels like it pulls a lot harder, and for longer... :D:cool: Anyone else notice this on there LR AWD? :confused:o_O My build was 6/19

Reactions: willow_hiller

Unlike any prior updates, I noticed what thought was more power, and smoother consistent power, since 2019.32 was installed - almost like my LR AWD got a "Stealth" M3P- upgrade... :eek::D The car feels like it pulls a lot harder, and for longer... :D:cool: Anyone else notice this on there LR AWD? :confused:o_O My build was 6/19
I'm going to get laughed at when I say this, but I have an LR AWD and I drive it like a granny. I wouldn't notice an increase in power for weeks probably :cool:

I'm going to get laughed at when I say this, but I have an LR AWD and I drive it like a granny. I wouldn't notice an increase in power for weeks probably :cool:

Well, I am a Grampy, but still have the ‘ol lead foot from time to time. Next time you’re getting on the highway, see if you notice more pull. I was quite surprised as it seemed real noticeable. Perhaps Tesla remapped the pedal to power output algorithm or something. Anyway, I like it! :D

So weird.. If this update is what I think it is, which is notify of software update over cellular (and of course WiFi) so you can then connect to WiFi and download the update... I submitted a feature request yesterday via Tesla Help requesting the above feature. I don't know if this feature is actually what I asked for yet (until there is another SW update) but it indeed is a weird coincidence.
We have had this feature for a long time. You just had to look in the software screen now and then, where it would say, an update is available please connect to wifi to download. That is how I have gotten my past 5 updates. I just turn on phone hotspot and it downloads.
What they are adding is an indicator on the top so you don't have to look in the software screen to see if you should connect to wifi.

Would be great if true. I haven't gotten the update yet, but I did notice on TeslaFi that a lot of LR AWD cars were getting the update.

Would be great if true. I haven't gotten the update yet, but I did notice on TeslaFi that a lot of LR AWD cars were getting the update.

I have the 990 motor, so it's unlikely that I got more power. If remapping is possible, I would go with that. In any case, I do like how it feels when accelerating - very noticeable change for me. IIRC, the release notes mentioned something none specific about improvements in this area. I'm hopeful that some here will post new dragy times so we can all see what may have changed, if anything, with 2019.32.