Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got 2019.36.2.1. On a late 2017 build, with MCU1 and HE 2.5 (obviously pre-Raven), the only 2 new items listed in the Release Notes are Scheduled Departure and Automatic Navigation.

Will drive today and check if Autopilot or Enhanced Summon is improved.

TeslaFi has a chart showing what cars get what features.
What's in Tesla's software update 2019.36.1

Reactions: quickstrike12
Yep need new motors for the one pedal driving. Seems HW2.5 and ‘old’ motors doesn’t get much.

Honestly, I think those two are two of the most useful features Tesla has added in a while - catching accidents on my commute I might miss and saving me time with them, and letting me do a better job of getting a warm pack in the winter.

Honestly, I think those two are two of the most useful features Tesla has added in a while - catching accidents on my commute I might miss and saving me time with them, and letting me do a better job of getting a warm pack in the winter.
Oh sure, depending on weather and parking. We park inside so don’t need to warm that much. Have to test the nav to see how the new features work. The 3 doesn’t have it yet, some reason the X has been getting the updates. Need to check the 3 and make sure it’s on wifi properly.

I'm surprised the older motors dont get the one pedal driving? Any one know why the permanent magnet motors can but the old inductions wont ?
It takes almost no energy to stop the vehicle with permanent magnets (it actually keeps generating energy right up to the point where it stops completely) whereas it would have to be an active process with induced magnet motors to prevent them freewheeling. That doesn't mean it's impossible, and I would still like to see this option provided in future for all the vehicles to behave similarly, but there's no mention of whether this is on the cards, and they could not promote this as a further energy saving feature, but a convenience one only.

Which makes no sense as the car is clearly able to stop itself in AP/TACC situations.
It has to with how regen works. The AC induction motors require a current to get them to induce a magnetic field that moves or slows the car. The newer raven and model 3 permanent magnet motors do not.

The follow part I am less sure on... At low speeds, the power required to induce the magnetic field is greater than the power capture from regen for the induction motor. So regen stops working at low speeds.

It is possible for Tesla to create one paddle driving for induction s and x, but it will require blending in the friction brake. Something not everyone will want.

It has to with how regen works. The AC induction motors require a current to get them to induce a magnetic field that moves or slows the car. The newer raven and model 3 permanent magnet motors do not.

The follow part I am less sure on... At low speeds, the power required to induce the magnetic field is greater than the power capture from regen for the induction motor. So regen stops working at low speeds.

It is possible for Tesla to create one paddle driving for induction s and x, but it will require blending in the friction brake. Something not everyone will want.
What's the difference the car will automatically apply the friction brake or the driver will apply it? They can always make that a feature that drivers can disable.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Just got 2019.36.2.1 on my AP1/MCU1 90D. Release notes were just "Scheduled Departure and Automatic Navigation.".

Seems kinda cool that my car is getting smarter: I got in my car this morning to go to work and it already had the navigation going, I thought i had left it something from the night before but when i checked the destination it was were I was planning on going. Kinda scary that the car is that smart but I guess it is rather predictable since I got the same place at the same time 5 days a week.

I haven't tested anything else out yet (Browser, audio, AP, etc)

Reactions: MichaelP90DL