Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I came to this thread because my car seems to be boondoggled and stuck on 2018.50.6. I've even parked outside of known powerful and reliable wifi hotspots and nothing! I don't want to bother the mothership, but I'm starting to get annoyed with people "complaining" about sentry mode leaving the 12V on... such a travesty! I don't even have dog mode! And I don't even have a dog! That kind of thing, OK! I want {{SOME}} kind of update!

Dog part is easiest to solve. Local shelter has heaps!

Its 5% peak power meaning the car can use more power. It doesn't mean the car is 5% more efficient in using that power. On the RWD LR they did change the calculation of rated mileage as it has been found to have better range than AWD variants. And the rotating magnet in the rear has increased RPM on the M3P+. They increased torque on Performance and rated range on the LR RWD, with a 5% peak power utilization increase across all models. I think thats a pretty clear message and not false advertising. But for me its about getting the goddamned update already. The guy complaining his car was bricked should have had it sent to the service center and repaired and stopped whining. If its a software issue its probably easy to fix. If not, they will fix it under warranty anyway. I have to question if he even owns a Tesla.

Reactions: Common_Loon
Looks like Nav on AP without confirmation and Smart Summon are starting to roll out in 2019.8?

upload_2019-3-17_18-14-24.png

I don't think Elon ever said or tweeted that "Everybody gets 5% on March 15th." What he did tweet is "Should be ~5% peak power increase with March 15 software release." Software releases don't get sent to everybody immediately. They seem to take somewhere between 4 and 8 weeks after release before they get generally distributed. Also, from my understanding, shouldn't a March 15th software release have a version number of 2019.12.xx?

Elon Musk on Twitter

Also, from my understanding, shouldn't a March 15th software release have a version number of 2019.12.xx?

If the base code of the build was from the 12th week of the year then yes that would be the approximate version number. It could be several weeks after the base code is finished before it starts hitting the fleet. After Tesla completes the base code they then need to do internal testing and make revisions for anything that needs addressing, then they release it some Early Access Program members and get more data and make more revisions. After the whole process is done it could be several weeks after the base code work has been finished before regular vehicles in the fleet start receiving the update. Latest version that's been reported publicly is 2019.8.2, so any revision of the base 2019.8 build is about 4 weeks old at this point. It's possible that work on 2019.8.2 specifically was only just finished sometime last week though.

And... is anyone interested in sharing how the new update feels performance-wise? Any 'butt in seat' difference noticable?

(So many of these threads turn into personal attacks and get viscous!)

LR RWD. Feels like there is a difference. The night before the update I was giving a few rides and gunning it quite a bit. Later that night I got the update with the increase. The next day I took it out and it felt a little zippier and I was spinning the winter tires on dry payment more than before.

Reactions: MP3Mike
How will this 5% increase manifest on a RWD? What is the impact?
Good question. I wonder, yet I'm probably one of the few that doesn't care about a 5% improvement of anything. As a former Navy flyer, I don't get excited about vehicle that doesn't do Mach 2 :D Give me a 5% price cut and that might get my attention :cool:

Good question. I wonder, yet I'm probably one of the few that doesn't care about a 5% improvement of anything. As a former Navy flyer, I don't get excited about vehicle that doesn't do Mach 2 :D Give me a 5% price cut and that might get my attention :cool:
Get in an IndyCar and pull 240 at Indianapolis....you'll s*it your Navy pants. Best part is that you are trained to handle the g's, so you get to remain fully conscious and aware of the fact that you just s*it your Navy pants. :)

P.s. thank you for your service.

As a current Navy flyer, I'll always take something that's faster for free.