Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody feel Nav on AP improved? I haven't really used it since it first rolled out, but gave it a whack this morning. Seems to be less naggy about making bad decisions on which lane to go to. I think the cancel lane change option has been there for a while, which I found useful. Tried to get me to the HOV lane until 1.1 miles from my exit on a 5 lane highway in heavy traffic.

it could be that your pack is out of balance. let it get below 10% and charge back up to 90 or so. you should gain that "missing" range back. sometimes takes more than one cycle.

Where have you read this?

The BMS in the car is always monitoring the cells and balancing them out. Nowhere does Tesla ever say to drop the battery below 10% and then charge it back up to 'balance the cells'. Tesla says the exact opposite in fact and that "The most important way to preserve the Battery is to LEAVE YOUR VEHICLE PLUGGED IN when you are not using it. "

The BMS in the car is always monitoring the cells and balancing them out. Nowhere does Tesla ever say to drop the battery below 10% and then charge it back up to 'balance the cells'. Tesla says the exact opposite in fact and that "The most important way to preserve the Battery is to LEAVE YOUR VEHICLE PLUGGED IN when you are not using it. "

maybe the 3 pack is different. I've heard that in numerous places on this forum and on reddit. i didn't just make it up, only repeated it.

Reactions: preilly44

There was a widespread issue with people losing capacity when regularly changing to only 80% and using very little charge daily. Discharging below 10% and charging to 100% restored the “lost” capacity.

maybe the 3 pack is different. I've heard that in numerous places on this forum and on reddit. i didn't just make it up, only repeated it.
I also think that is just speculation, not fact. There is nothing the user can do to “balance” the S/X/3 pack. Just plug the car in when not using it, as a general practice, and don’t leave the charge level consistently set to something over 90%.

The original Roadster pack did benefit from a balancing procedure, though exactly how to do it has been debated for years. Perhaps some people assumed that because it worked for the Roadster it was useful for the S/X/3 packs.

Some folks reported that the S and X don’t do cell balancing until SOC is over 93%. Not sure if the 3 does the same.

skip to 1:30 to get to the actual info

As another data point I’ve been regularly charging to 90% since I got my Model 3 and have never seen any reduction in reported range. A few days ago I did a test charge to 100% for the first time since updating to 2019.5.15 and I got reported range of 323 miles. This is after nearly a year of ownership and 13,500 miles, so after a year my battery pack has less than 1% degradation (at least when going be the reported range at 100%).

Yes, quality is worse then before the update. How does an update which removes the setting for immersive sound just go away!
Am I surprised not really with all the other update problems over the past year.

It’s probably a bug. The standard interior doesn’t have the extra speakers for immersive sound so it wouldn’t need the toggles for it in the menus. So it’s possible that the new version is accidentally removing the immersive sound options for all interiors instead of just the standard one.

It’s probably a bug. The standard interior doesn’t have the extra speakers for immersive sound so it wouldn’t need the toggles for it in the menus. So it’s possible that the new version is accidentally removing the immersive sound options for all interiors instead of just the standard one.

That makes a lot of sense. I hope people who already got the update can file bug reports so this can get fixed soon.

I have a total round trip of 100 miles a day in my model 3 performance, use AP all the time on 2019.5.15 - never had a phantom brake event, just stating that, because people that don't have problems never post usually lol, now that being said, I have a famous drag racing youtuber ready to do another video with the 5% increase but they haven't sent me the update yet and I tried everything, need to call Tesla marketing, and explain how this is good for their company I guess, somehow... lol (its free to them basically) (last video I did with him got 250k views in 3 days) - I also would have the premier updates but 3/4 of my referrals never got credited and every time I call it is like pulling teeth, doh (most likely Tesla's reps have their hands tied, I don't blame them)

I have a total round trip of 100 miles a day in my model 3 performance, use AP all the time on 2019.5.15 - never had a phantom brake event, just stating that, because people that don't have problems never post usually lol, now that being said, I have a famous drag racing youtuber ready to do another video with the 5% increase but they haven't sent me the update yet and I tried everything, need to call Tesla marketing, and explain how this is good for their company I guess, somehow... lol (its free to them basically) (last video I did with him got 250k views in 3 days) - I also would have the premier updates but 3/4 of my referrals never got credited and every time I call it is like pulling teeth, doh (most likely Tesla's reps have their hands tied, I don't blame them)

Guessing dragtimes :)? You should contact Tesla and see if it works

Charging last night to 90% and was in the car when it got to 5 minutes remaining when it suddenly changed to 30 minutes remaining on the display. I have never seen that happen. I got excited thinking it was now going to add more range since I only charge to 275 miles @90%. Unfortunately in 5 minutes it said charge complete.