Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 deliveries get free AP/FSD upgrade, 2018 deliveries get nothing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just confirmed with Tesla support that if you took delivery of your 3 in 2019, you will be getting a free AP or FSD upgrade, depending on what you currently have. 2018 deliveries get nothing.

This is a super hard pill to swallow. Look, I get the 'you got what you paid for' thing - but shouldn't that apply to people who took delivery in January 2019 too? Now, in addition to the $4,250 I'm out due to the price drop (and yes, I accounted for the tax credit difference), my car is worth an additional $3k less than someone who took delivery a few days later in January 2019.

How can it be fair that 2019 deliveries get the make-good, but 2018 deliveries don't? I only had my car a few extra days!

Found this on a FB page:

53336776_402168040559535_7100687216489267200_o.jpg

So, Let me get this straight. I bought Dec 22, 2018 and I have to pay for AP plus I paid a higher price for the car. If I would have waited 9 days I would get the advantage of a reduced price plus free AP. What the Hell Elon.

I'm not sure if this picture/screenshot is legit yet, i.e. I don't know where this screen shot is originally from.

ADDED LATER:
This seems to be from an email from Tesla.

Last edited:
I feel most for those who bought EAP and FSD post purchase at full price.

Everyone took a hit, but those who got the EAP trial price and waited to buy FSD got a deal almost close to buying at time of purchase as of today.

I plan on keeping the car so while the lower price stings, it won’t cost me anything as I won’t be trading in early. I did that to buy the 3 in the first place, and really don’t want to take that depreciation hit twice in a row.

Lol everyone that bought in 2018 was stupid as hell

Reactions: niray9
I'm not sure what it means, but Tesla accepted my 3k$+sales tax earlier today, and my account shows 'Full Self Driving Capability' now. December 2018 delivery with EAP.

Before I pay ill contact them and see if they will knock something off. After all, they added some features I specifically declined in my original order (I have the original order invoice to prove it), like 19" sport wheels, and insisted on charging me full price for them at pickup. Probably will not get anything but ill try lol

I have always had the ability to purchase full self driving on my account page, but it’s gone now. It specifically says no autopilot upgrades available. I am one of those lucky early adopters that bought the most expensive version of the P3D. It would be super nice to get FSD features for no extra charge, but definitely not holding my breath. Still really enjoying the car though.