Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Definitely not disagreeing with the option (or this post), but am I the only one who doesn't watch videos like this? Not because I think there isn't valuable information, but because I don't have time for them.

It's probably just me being old and curmudgeonly.

these clickbait "influencers" don't get my eyeballs or unique visit to their page. everyone wants their 15 minutes of fame and they all just repeat the same ish other videos do. so no you are not the only one mate. these cats get get off our collective cyber yards.. :p

Definitely not disagreeing with the option (or this post), but am I the only one who doesn't watch videos like this? Not because I think there isn't valuable information, but because I don't have time for them.

It's probably just me being old and curmudgeonly.

It's irritation for ages 8-108. Many people don't have sound on their computers due to noise issues at work or home. And anybody who has passed the 3rd grade can read faster than they can talk.

I seldom watch videos unless it's something that requires moving images to understand.

Reactions: Kevy Baby
AP is for highways. Many highways have stop lights and stop signs.
AP just does not change lanes or turn.

... which have stop signs?

In the US freeways are defined, federally, as a divided highway with full control of access.

Meaning no intersections- ever.

Just grade-separated interchanges like on/off ramps.

And page 94 of the owners manual specifically states autosteer is:

Page 94 said:
for use only by a fully attentive driver on freeways and highways where access is limited by entry and exit ramps

I have seen signs and lights on the on ramp to control traffic coming on TO the freeway... but never a stopsign stopping traffic already ON the freeway.

Highways are not the same as freeways. Highways can have crossroads, turn lanes, and most important to this conversation, stop signs and intersection signals.

Yeah- but the owners manual is explicitly saying AP is intended for roads where "access is limited by entry and exit ramps"

Which is NOT highways with intersections.

If there's a crossroad with stop signs- ti's not the kind of highway AP is meant for, per page 94.

• Helpful
Reactions: SmartElectric
ive had my car a month today actually. this update hit the store shelves this friday and i was at home. didnt move all weekend and the car was sleep since friday. i get in the ride this AM and the screen told me the update was here and to download. so as i was driving on the 101 this am it did and installed. i get to check it when i leave the office today. from reading all the banter on here about it im looking forward to it.

Don't expect ANY convince upgrades in AP (other than safety). It is ALL about FSD and AP is frozen so FSD is more appealing with each update.

B.S. AP is not frozen, if you have proof state it.

AP is constantly improving : lane assist, visualisations, situational awareness are all in active development
Yes, FSD is active, but so is AP.

• Disagree
Reactions: JulienW