Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The side camera additions are REALLY great for me. My parking spaces are located with close concrete pillars that made my Model S irritating to park at home. My Model 3 was easier, obviously. Now it is a breeze because I can see precisely where the crucial impediments are.

Everything else is better too, but parking is the winner for me.

Does your car need the new Screen/info system to get the back up side camera view? 2016 X here. I was upgraded to new self driving CPU but still have original screen and entertainment unit. The new back up side camera info didnt show up in the sw release notes.

Does your car need the new Screen/info system to get the back up side camera view? 2016 X here. I was upgraded to new self driving CPU but still have original screen and entertainment unit. The new back up side camera info didnt show up in the sw release notes.

Yes, the side camera view requires MCU2. (Just like the dashcam viewer does.)

I got my COVID test yesterday and this firmware demonstrated some impressive visualizations. In particular I was blown away by what it could see while stopped in line.

The first three images are the screen displaying a cone to my left, an arrow painted on the street, and a bike path. You can see the cone and arrow outside my window and the bike path in the side mirror. Bananas.

F5EDBFC9-2E56-4D3E-9B49-4FC40029215A.jpeg

17AB5497-753C-410A-A186-710B71CB9FC4.jpeg

BD48937F-E784-4274-B9E8-852DD09526F2.jpeg

In this image you can see the car accurately displaying an occluded stop sign on a stand to my right and the cone path.
47434D25-8D01-420A-BBE5-C59D30E337B2.jpeg

More and more impressive with each update.

Attachments

• 710224B6-4F31-43EB-BCBB-B65743632547.jpeg
    710224B6-4F31-43EB-BCBB-B65743632547.jpeg
    449.9 KB · Views: 41
one thing I did find.
I tried excluding home from walk away lock and couldn't get it to work.
You have to put the car in drive then back into park again before it takes effect. That was fun, driving forward then back with the garage door closed :D

THANK YOU!

I have been waiting on this feature, and was super-bummed when it simply did not work. I thought I would maybe drive the car aweay from "home" and back again to see if that fixed it, but your solution is simpler

The side cameras are the biggest improvement to 2020.24.6.1 period. They now take the place of side mirrors. Vast improvement in driving enhancements. The only thing I wish is that I could turn off the rear camera and just have the sides when driving. But still huge improvement.

Reactions: runham
The side cameras are the biggest improvement to 2020.24.6.1 period. They now take the place of side mirrors. Vast improvement in driving enhancements. The only thing I wish is that I could turn off the rear camera and just have the sides when driving. But still huge improvement.

I would like the appropriate side repeater camera to show when the corresponding turn signal is engaged.

Got my 2020.24.6.1 downloading; its been at 50% since yesterday. Have HW3 and MCU1 ( getting MCU2 soon). Tried screen reboot, power off. Nada...still stuck any ideas folks. Tried to call support...closed:)
My answer is just a guess but can you stop WiFi and restart it? Possibly also stop WiFi and as you did before screen reboot and power off (while the WiFi is off). Good luck and let us know if it takes a service call to fix it.

One really different thing happened since we received the update. The map software now shows the correct speed limit for highway 190 passing through Killeen, Texas. Up until now the screen has shown the speed limit as 75 even though it has never been that high and has been 60 for over 2 years. Both Apple maps and Google maps have shown 60 for over a year. Anyway it now shows correctly but not until about 200 yards after the speed change. It is late going either way and at almost all speed limit changes. Go figure. I have a M3 lrdm with 3 cpu

My answer is just a guess but can you stop WiFi and restart it? Possibly also stop WiFi and as you did before screen reboot and power off (while the WiFi is off). Good luck and let us know if it takes a service call to fix it.

Issue resolved through iPhone hotspot. Strange thing is that tech support could "see" that I has a solid connection with home wifi and multiple failed attempts where MS was trying to connect through LTE
After Power Off and Touch screen restart.. did not work and support suggested I schedule an appointment.

I decided to try iPhone Hotspot, then Voila download completed within 5 minutes.

Loving the zooming through green traffic lights sans acknowledgement with stalk! Not perfect but will get better

• Informative
Reactions: n.one.one
I just noticed a subtle little change on this update. When you check the software screen, instead of just saying "your software is up to date", it now says "your software is up to date as of [Insert current date and time]".

So now, it tells you the last date that your software was up to date.
There is also a new App update for Android (3.10.6)

Reactions: diplomat33
This version 2020.24.6.1 causes my car's MCU to spontaneously reboot. Anyone else seen this? Here's what happen:
+ shortly after update, car is parked, with A/C on
+ play a tunein channel, for a few minutes,
+ switch to NetFlix
+ play Netflix for 5 minutes,
+ exit Netflx
+ MCU reboots itself, and A/C immediately crank-up to full force by itself.
+ a minute later, when the MCU complete boot sequence,
+ but the screen is now stay at maximum brightness, and the auto dimmer doesn't work eventhough it's enabled

So... is there a way to disable SW update? Tesla is releasing FW every few days, do they even test them?

This version 2020.24.6.1 causes my car's MCU to spontaneously reboot. Anyone else seen this? Here's what happen:
+ shortly after update, car is parked, with A/C on
+ play a tunein channel, for a few minutes,
+ switch to NetFlix
+ play Netflix for 5 minutes,
+ exit Netflx
+ MCU reboots itself, and A/C immediately crank-up to full force by itself.
+ a minute later, when the MCU complete boot sequence,
+ but the screen is now stay at maximum brightness, and the auto dimmer doesn't work eventhough it's enabled

So... is there a way to disable SW update? Tesla is releasing FW every few days, do they even test them?
Record it and log a service appointment with Tesla (through the app) with a link to the video of how to recreate it.
Get them to fix it rather than not getting any fixes at all going forward.