Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.36 software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got the update. I think they finally have the wheel options.
D3E2C28B-A0DA-4CBB-83E6-3DF08D639340.jpeg
9E189ACD-1545-45E0-9473-CD46C29E6E53.jpeg
87A0C408-EB57-4602-99DB-E5A8F5C4E09B.jpeg
4E9FA05E-723B-417D-8719-F78D2A8609A9.jpeg

The wheel options it had was as you expect the Gemini, Induction and Ubertubine

Looks like some updates I was waiting for. Traffic light control might become usable with this. I'd still prefer that it just chimes and proceeds by itself through green lights (even without following another car). Next update hopefully.

I think my 2015 BMW already read the speed signs (in order to correct the map built-in limits) so high time for that.

My thoughts exactly. The current speed indication?

Even before this latest update, tapping on the 'speed limit' sign already adjusted the speed, not that great as it's a relatively small icon to tap.

They mean tapping the speed displayed on the speedometer. Tapping it will set the cruise speed to whatever is displayed on the speedometer. This is in addition to tapping the speed limit box.

They mean tapping the speed displayed on the speedometer. Tapping it will set the cruise speed to whatever is displayed on the speedometer. This is in addition to tapping the speed limit box.

I was playing around with this tonight. I was thinking...that tapping the speedometer was going to automatically set the cruise control speed to the new speed limit speed, which would have been great. The speed limit sign is small so having something bigger to tap would be awesome.

But thats not what it does. It has nothing to do with the speed limit. It simply sets your cruise control speed to your current speed. Its basically the same as pushing down on your right steering wheel paddle, except it doesn't turn on cruise control if its off.

Honestly....seems useless. Its easier to just push down on your paddle instead of reaching over and pushing the speedometer...not sure how its easier or useful.

Reactions: rxlawdude
So far....speed limit sign reading seems pretty good. It changes your speed limit notification much quicker than waiting for the gps data to change the speed limit. Plus...if you are in a construction zone it reads the temporary speed limit sign instead of temporarily incorrect gps data.

In autopilot....my speed limit does slow down when entering a lower speed limit zone. I'm still waiting for the change so it automatically speeds back up when entering higher speed limit zones. Why does tesla refuse to automatically increase speed for higher speed limit zones? Why do I have to push the speed limit sign on the touchpad or scroll up on the right scroll wheel?

I wonder: does this mean that someone with 19" martian wheels should just choose the Gemini option???
I tested all 3 variations on my performance Y. Swapped 21” for 19” martians. From what I can tell all the tire selection does is increase Estimated range from 21”. Doesn’t change speedometer all. I tested with gps and speed stayed the same with all 3 variations. I just set mine to 20” so I had black wheels.

• Informative
Reactions: Gavin Elster