Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.4 Anything New?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would just like to see the FSD preview in Canada. Seriously doesnt make sense why we dont have it.

Perhaps a "point" revision would at least allow us Canucks to get this.

I think the next major update is on hold while Tesla works hard to get as many people as possible onto the HW3 system... then.. BAM! Huge update!

Maybe someone has already mentioned this and I missed it in the 14 pages, but I noticed that I can now (thankfully) press the button on the charge cable handle and the car will wake up and unlock the charge port so I can remove the cable from the car, assuming phone key authentication of course. This functionality had been broken for over a year and I was worried they had intentionally abandoned it.

Prior to the fix, I'd have to first press a door handle or in some other way wake the car before being able to unlock the charge port. Just pressing the charge handle button upon arriving at the car would do nothing.

Maybe someone has already mentioned this and I missed it in the 14 pages, but I noticed that I can now (thankfully) press the button on the charge cable handle and the car will wake up and unlock the charge port so I can remove the cable from the car, assuming phone key authentication of course. This functionality had been broken for over a year and I was worried they had intentionally abandoned it.

Prior to the fix, I'd have to first press a door handle or in some other way wake the car before being able to unlock the charge port. Just pressing the charge handle button upon arriving at the car would do nothing.

That's good to know!

Sometime over the last couple updates my car stopped locking the charge port. Which was great because I can yank out the cable without waking the car up. For some reason this changed over the last week or so without an update… She seems to have a mind of her own.

That's good to know!

Sometime over the last couple updates my car stopped locking the charge port. Which was great because I can yank out the cable without waking the car up. For some reason this changed over the last week or so without an update… She seems to have a mind of her own.

The car won't lock the charge port if the temperature is close to, or below, freezing unless it is charging. Could that be what you are seeing?

The car won't lock the charge port if the temperature is close to, or below, freezing unless it is charging. Could that be what you are seeing?

Yeah, that makes complete sense. Never thought about that. I live in Minnesota with an insulated garage, and the warmer temps these last couple weeks have kept my garage above freezing. Thanks for the tip! Now I really need this update…