Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.48.26 Did you get Boombox?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After purchasing an expensive technological marvel that is the Tesla, are we really supposed to get excited because we can make the car fart or sound like a goat? How about catching up to every luxury ICE car that has birds-eye view, RCTA, auto-dimming rear view mirror, Apple Carplay, etc!!

Reactions: forumer
Do people not find the the base sounds of the PWS annoying AF?

It's funny that people complain about the smallest wind noise, rattle, or the shell out huge $$$ to buy noise reduction kits, but y'all also spend $$$ to purposely make more noise?

I like that my Tesla is whisper quiet. Kinda scared that they might have inadvertently activated a secret speaker noise I didn't know about after this update.

@1:00 :D

So I have a 2020 Y Performance VIN 39XXX and didn’t get the Boombox feature. Thought I read on other forums and Twitter that mid 2019 forward the external speaker was required.

Did your Y get the feature and if so what VIN?
I have a Model 3 with VIN 488xxx that implies late October 2019, but no Boombox for me. I wonder if the feature was not required for export to Australia?

Do people not find the the base sounds of the PWS annoying AF?

It's funny that people complain about the smallest wind noise, rattle, or the shell out huge $$$ to buy noise reduction kits, but y'all also spend $$$ to purposely make more noise?

I like that my Tesla is whisper quiet. Kinda scared that they might have inadvertently activated a secret speaker noise I didn't know about after this update.

@1:00 :D
Agree, but a bicycle bell sound at low speeds would be less intimidating to pedestrians than honking the horn!

I didn’t have boombox now I do....

I have a 2020 Model Y performance it did not have the PWS speaker when I bought it Dec 29th 2020 so I was pretty bummed as I was told it did and the UFO noise was a big thing I wanted because of kids in my area and the boombox feature was very cool.

I ordered the speaker Tesla part 1299965-00-A it was $188 CAD for parts & labour. I had to fight with my service centre for a week before the would even let me buy it they kept on saying my car was not equipped with one so I can’t buy the part as it’s not made for my car well I finally just told them I want to buy it and have you install it even if it doesn’t work oh well that’s my money I am loosing. They said it may have UFO noise but told me that it would NOT have boombox I was fine with that as I just figured Elon would come out with a update later on that would enable the Boombox to work.

Well to my surprise when I went to go pick it up the dame day (3 hours later) I not only got the UFO noise I also got Boombox. Now I am not sure why maybe it was because it was in service mode and so the car recognizes the speaker or maybe it was because I had the home link installed the same time really not sure Tesla said they didn’t force any software update on it for it to work meaning it would simply be plug & play as long as you have the harness.

So YES if you buy the PWS part 1299965-00-A you will get UFO noise 100% and I’m almost positive you will get boombox too as long as you don’t install it yourself and let Tesla do it.

The hardest part is getting them to agree to actually let you buy it haha

5E550CE3-8911-49A5-B563-D81317B02F4C.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Check out this video -

Looks like even with the addition of a speaker Bookbox doesnt work .,,,, certainly good to know..if anybody does get a service appointment happening please let us know here. Ive got a 13th Jan appointment booked, but i would not really want to get the speaker added if Boombox doesnt work..
We got ours installed by Tesla and now have boombox im thinking it only worked because the car was in service move so it knew it was a Tesla part

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
We bought our Tesla and brought it home, not needing to use reverse. After getting home, pulled out of the garage in reverse and thought something was wrong with the heat pump with that f-ing sound.

Boombox audio sounds like a clock radio when paired with music. It's a regulatory thing, where tesla added some 'games' - may take it out.

Would rather have useful features...

As a follow up to all the work you committed to this please come back to this thread in a month and tell us how many times you actually use this fart feature. We’ll even direct you to the thread on how to Disable that annoying driving sound then!

We use it every day lol we have 3 kids and one of their favourite things is to drive around and use a soundboard to make noises outside. When your kids have been locked up for a year due to pandemic it’s the little things that count they can’t see friends or family and we can’t do all the fun things we used to do this has been amazing pass time to lift their spirits and put a smile on their face these are some of their favourite noises.

1. Whistle at people
2. Hey whatcha doing
3. Rooster
4. Dog barking
5. Damn......
6. Elephant
7. Chimpanzee
8. Hey hi
9. Hello
10. Bluetooth loud speaker app (they can say whatever they want and it plays on the PWS)

This feature will continue be used on a daily basis for the foreseeable future not to mention eventually I’m sure that Elon will make improvements and incorporate it to safety of the car after all it is called the pedestrian warning speaker.

I’m in the USA and my SC keeps canceling my appointment for ordering the speaker.

I told them just sell it to me and I’ll plug it in myself and they said there is no speaker at this time even though I gave them the part number.

I also drove to 3 other regions to make a SC appointment in the app so it selects a different SC location and I get the same thing even though I’ve sent pic of this thread and other threads as proof.

Mira very annoying!

We use it every day lol we have 3 kids and one of their favourite things is to drive around and use a soundboard to make noises outside. When your kids have been locked up for a year due to pandemic it’s the little things that count they can’t see friends or family and we can’t do all the fun things we used to do this has been amazing pass time to lift their spirits and put a smile on their face these are some of their favourite noises.

1. Whistle at people
2. Hey whatcha doing
3. Rooster
4. Dog barking
5. Damn......
6. Elephant
7. Chimpanzee
8. Hey hi
9. Hello
10. Bluetooth loud speaker app (they can say whatever they want and it plays on the PWS)

This feature will continue be used on a daily basis for the foreseeable future not to mention eventually I’m sure that Elon will make improvements and incorporate it to safety of the car after all it is called the pedestrian warning speaker.

Hence why I said come back in a month or two with an update. My kids think a fart speaker is funny also for a few Days. After that it’s just a thing you wish you could forget lol. I think we All used the amazing Mars GPS on day one..... afterwords, not so much.

Hence why I said come back in a month or two with an update. My kids think a fart speaker is funny also for a few Days. After that it’s just a thing you wish you could forget lol. I think we All used the amazing Mars GPS on day one..... afterwords, not so much.

my kids won’t be going back to school in a month haha and my one is special needs so I highly doubt he will get tired of it lol