Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to green @greentheonlyn on Twitter

"did a cursory look over 2020.48.35.5.
It adds a new ibooster type (conveniently labeled "new hardware", hehe).
It confirms that steering wheel is going to be software locked on cars after a cutoff, so you'd be able to pay and unlock it.
There's also new supermanifold,

"new coolant pump, new compressor type. ZeroG 19" in gunpowder coating are now fully official with official pictures."
EsNOI0SXMAMAExW.jpg

I completed this upgrade (2020.48.35.5.842a95863251) in my model 3 and found a new issue today. I was the first car sitting at a red light in the left turn lane and saw something really weird. Even though both lane lights were red, the large green light blinked off an on while I sat there motionless. Can anyone see a problem with this in self driving mode?

20210122_091756 (3).png

Attachments

• 20210122_091756.png
    20210122_091756.png
    746.3 KB · Views: 78
  • Informative
Reactions: Daks and bicar
I've had this update for a few days, haven't noticed any changes to AP/FSD or the UI as far as I can tell. Still no heated wheel and I have the new design with the metal scrolls but perhaps it just won't be possible to get that since it doesn't have the actual heating element.

Yet another incremental update with the same release notes. Like water torture. This is the eight version of 2020.48. Wonder when we'll see something important (i.e., not games or fart noises). :rolleyes: 2021.4?

Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 1.13.09 PM.png

There must be some important under the hood changes if they push out a release for it to worth the operational and fragmentation cost. Perhaps it is some sort of bug, so count ourself lucky if you don’t know what it did as it meant the bug didn’t impact you before of you didn’t noticed it.

the day after getting this update I started seeing the USB device malfunction errors again.
As there is no real feedback method (other than tweets to elon) looks like its another service call in the app
Try reformatting your drive. Then check it to make sure it contains the TeslaCam folder .Remember to unplug your USB ports before installing a software upgrade or doing a reset. Once your done reinsert your UBSs. Following these procedures has solved my USB problems.

Try reformatting your drive. Then check it to make sure it contains the TeslaCam folder .Remember to unplug your USB ports before installing a software upgrade or doing a reset. Once your done reinsert your UBSs. Following these procedures has solved my USB problems.
its not the drive, same thing happened right after a previous release late last year, started getting these issues only to see they vanish at the next release without doing anything else