Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.48.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My X has 48.12.1. Instead of seeing the usual “Software up to date as of…” below the installed note there is a large blank area saying just “Update started …. 48.12.1”. Rebooting with scroll wheels and power cycling with an over three minute pause have not prompted a return to the usual screen. Anyone else see this? How did it get unstuck?

Just installed 48.30, no change in release notes vs .26 (but I also lack the PWS speaker)

Had several reboots after the install and then the car complained about a loose charge connection. Detached and reattached and it’s happy again.

Weird. I just downloaded 2020.48.30. Model Y VIN 0064XX in Georgia.
I also got this update today in Australia. Release Notes are very basic, and exactly the same as the previous release notes. It would be nice if there was a comprehensive release notes so you can see all the bug fixes and everything the release is addressing. I suspect this is just a bug fix release, and I would say that the 2020.48.26 was a buggy release.

2020 model Y long range awd FSD. There are conflicting opinions for certain on charging to 100 but this is the first time I’ve ever done it and it was for a trip but also it’s been said to charge to 100 every so often to calibrate the battery. But I don’t know. I’ve also heard not charging to 100 can be the reason I only get 316 or maybe because it’s cold I don’t know but I thought I’d get more it’s a May 2020 build serial 6xxx. Not complaining, just posting my experience.

It's not really conflicting opinions, the idea is to go above 95% then down below 30% so as to recalibrate the BMS so the %/miles is more accurate. It seemed like you were a new owner so I wanted to make sure you don't charge to 100% daily as that will have an effect on your battery longevity. I highly recommend you not spend too much time watching your max range as it's a rabbit hole that never ends, hence a whole bunch of threads with pages and pages on it.

Reactions: X Fan
This is my pet hate with mobile phones and apps, you really don't know what the updates will do until you install them and take a look, and then you cannot roll-back if you don't like those changes. At some point you are forced to update, which the vendor requires to make sure everyone is on the same version level (or reasonably close) so they can support it.

I think many people have made the same comments I would make. I have the Model 3 MY2021, so it is pretty new. I liked the instrument cluster (IC), it made sense and it was a good size. I don't see why they would take such a drastic change to that layout. It would be even better if they had an option to turn on new UI layout or not, then use their telematics to see what the statistics are for people making that change. Really, that is a missed opportunity to see what people like or not.
In the old IC the only thing I would change is to add both battery % and range remaining, it would be very easy (50% | 200km).

The other odd thing was to move CHILL and Hold to the bottom of the screen. Chill is useful to know you are in that mode, but it gets covered by the trip meter, so that is not a good design. Like someone else commented I have the trip meter open all the time. I would actually like if that was something I could default to open all the time and automatically select last charge stats. The hold information is also good to know, but it is now out of my line of sight.

Everyone talks about the icons along the bottom of the screen. It surprises me that Tesla have not run the driver controls along the side of the screen. They would then be the closest controls to the driver and there is heaps of screen real estate to work it in nicely. Thos icons down the bottom would then be the common controls that passengers might also access. And I'm a bit of a fussy type when it comes to graphical layout and that asymmetric location of the AC controls is really something that should not have made it into this release, like those controls are fixed to that location and everything else has to flow and fit around them.

Even watching the FSD Beta videos I didn't like the increase in the FSD visualisation. It just seemed unnecessary. That visualisation is there to give you confidence about what the car is seeing, it does not have to be huge, it just just has to be accurate. You can see the drivers in these videos are still doing all their head checks, they are not using the FSD visualisation to drive the car. And the huge maps are a real draw card for these vehicles, no-one has anything like this yet (although we should see some this year), and it really impresses everyone when they see Google Earth on the display.

Well, we will see what comes next, this just feels like amateur graphic designer was let loose, so hopefully this idea of different IC layouts that can be selected, that should provide some good value if done right.

Hopefully (but probably not) next New Years eve IT can take you on a margarita.:eek::D
People will be explaining when pulled over that the Tesla is the designated driver. Might work someday. :). I’m already happy with FSD as we drive between Cape Coral and northern tip of GA many times a year...love making it up to Atlanta area relaxed and able to leave car on navigate by autopilot through the late rush hour mess. No more peeling fingers off the steering wheel upon arrival. All these new beta FSD improvements should hopefully make that more enjoyable and safer. Will see.

Reactions: PACEMD
2020.48.30 took a while to install. Would be cool if at midnight all Tesla's put on a light and sound show. Happy New Year!
tesla-christmas-light-show-easter-egg-0.gif