Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’d love to have at least 2019.40.50 so I can get the car to read texts like our X does. I just got my 3 on March 5 and I still have 2019.35.108 :D
My friend just took delivery of his model 3 on Feb 29th, and it had 2019.35.108 also! I was shocked when he told me that because he didn’t have the FSD visualization preview even though he purchased FSD. All because he’s on this old update. Lame. Told him to try connecting to WiFi so I’ll have to check if that got a new version to push for him.

My friend just took delivery of his model 3 on Feb 29th, and it had 2019.35.108 also! I was shocked when he told me that because he didn’t have the FSD visualization preview even though he purchased FSD. All because he’s on this old update. Lame. Told him to try connecting to WiFi so I’ll have to check if that got a new version to push for him.
Looks like the factory 2019.35.106 are getting 2020.4.2 first.

Fred

Reactions: jpfive
Probably because this is roughly the 97th time someone has had to explain this exact thing on this exact forum to someone.

It gets old.

The entire front would be blank. There's 0 cameras that can see below the hood line.

How would that be helpful?

Backing into SC spots the current rear view seems plenty good to me.... for parallel parking I'd probably just let the car do it- but for those without that option the front ultrasonics are pretty solid in lieu of a camera already... turning on the SIDE camera would help here though (more on that later)

I'm just citing you the average cost of the other car companies that provides what you suggest. No reason to suspect a carrier would give a larger discount to a company with a much smaller fleet like Tesla.

He's indicated we'd be driving cross country on FSD in 2017 too.

FWIW though I don't believe he ever said a 360 overhead view was possible- only that turning on one or more of the side cameras would be- and I agree that'd be helpful because unlike the 360 thing it's actually possible with existing hardware.

Also it wouldn't require paying a bunch of money to do since unlike the 360 thing it's not patented by someone else.
Hell, I’d settle for being able to select view the pillar, fender or front cameras even if not all at once.

• Disagree
Reactions: anon125110
I'd much rather see an update that says:
  • New 360 degree view mode. Now you can see your surroundings with a virtual "birds eye view".

This would be a great idea as the ultra sonics are very slow at updating close quarter walls or fences with that bubble, too close too soon or too far sometimes it feels flaky. The offset rear camera lines are nothing like much better grids other car cams use in reverse. I really don't understand with all the software updates why we still have 2 very basic white lines which is why most people find unless they use wing mirrors they car will park at an angle. Even if it is not totally 360 the view from those angles would be fantastic if stitched together. Cutting edge technology doesn't work in reverse? Use AI for curb detection on screen also.

Reactions: CpuID
I think there are an endless list of amazing upgrades and possibilities that you can bet Tesla is looking at, and we will eventually enjoy.

The software we’ve seen since the model 3 came out is truly amazing to say the least.
What we will see in the coming year is exciting.
Each of us has a wish list for sure.
I still love getting updates and new apps on my iPhone, but that pales compared to how cool and fun it is to get new updates and new functionality in my CAR. !!!

Right now; I really need Tesla to drop everything and get me an upgrade path from AWD with performance boost to Performance. :)

I think there are an endless list of amazing upgrades and possibilities that you can bet Tesla is looking at, and we will eventually enjoy.

The software we’ve seen since the model 3 came out is truly amazing to say the least.
What we will see in the coming year is exciting.
Each of us has a wish list for sure.
I still love getting updates and new apps on my iPhone, but that pales compared to how cool and fun it is to get new updates and new functionality in my CAR. !!!

Right now; I really need Tesla to drop everything and get me an upgrade path from AWD with performance boost to Performance. :)

Yes agree your car is now like your phone for improvements. But priority list... good reverse camera system or detection of dust bins? Its an area for large improvement.

While they are at it, can they update the app to show my red brakes? What’s the point if I can’t see that in the App!! :D
D8304886-6538-430C-A3E3-0F3C581AF55C.gif

Any autopilot improvements? I’m on HW 3 and my AP is horrendous. Phantom braking and swerving into other lanes a couple times a week.
The adjacent lane junk really needs to be optional slider. It’s ridiculous how many times the car wants to hold up traffic because it’s tracking the speed of the car next to it and not the one in front.

Picked up on 2/28/20... still no updates here.