Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.8.3 Updating hitting now...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my 8.3 update yesterday, it's the same thing as the other 8.x updates, according to what I have seen from the notes for the other 8.x updates.
I know for most it's lock down situation, but have you had an opportunity to try out Autopilot or TACC with the new update? When the 2020.8.2 update was in progress on my screen, it said "autopilot update in progress..." I was hoping that there would be a fix for the phantom breaking issue, but found out that it was just as bad, if not worse. Any real time, drive time experience with the new update?

I know for most it's lock down situation, but have you had an opportunity to try out Autopilot or TACC with the new update? When the 2020.8.2 update was in progress on my screen, it said "autopilot update in progress..." I was hoping that there would be a fix for the phantom breaking issue, but found out that it was just as bad, if not worse. Any real time, drive time experience with the new update?

I work at an essential business, so I still have to go to work unfortunately. In my opinion, autopilot still works just about the same compared to 4.1, I have not noticed any differences based on my driving experience for today. Keep in mind, I only have basic autopilot, which is only TACC and autosteer.

Reactions: TX_M3P+
My guess, people getting 2020.12.X clicked ‘Advanced’ in the Software Update Preference. People getting 2020.8.X have it set to ‘Standard.’

image.jpg

Last edited:
My guess, people getting 2020.12.X clicked ‘Advanced’ in the Software Update Preference. People getting 2020.8.X have it set to ‘Normal.’

View attachment 528202

I have had the update preference on "advanced" since the first week I got my car more than 2 months ago, I just got my 8.3 update yesterday...

Unless Performance models gets priority, then it's probably a different story since I have a SR+.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
I have had the update preference on "advanced" since the first week I got my car more than 2 months ago, I just got my 8.3 update yesterday...
Guess not. LOL

Unless Performance models gets priority, then it's probably a different story since I have a SR+.
Doubt it based on the OP’s username suggesting the 3 is a Performance.

I think 2020.12 applies to those that have FSD. The sub 2020.8.X updates seem to apply to those that have EAP (not FSD). I'm just not sure what these "Minor updates and bug fixes..." are actually updating or fixing.

My car doesn’t have FSD and its on 2020.12.1.

Reactions: RoderikS
I just received the update yesterday to 2020.8.3. I was previously on 2020.4. My car seems to be one that gets updates later than others. I never received 2020.8 or 8.2.

P.s.I dont have FSD and my updates is set to advanced.

Exactly the same story here. Seems like I have been waiting forever to move away from 2020.4.1. Teslafi shows that now less than 10% have the 2020.4.X versions. But with this virus thing it will be awhile before I can drive again... :(