Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Long Range vs 2018 P100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I actually wouldn't say I know all about the Raven Upgrades. I'm trying to gather as much information from multiple sources as possible.

Another thing I was trying to get an opinion on was the manufacturer date vs the registration date of the vehicle. 10 months sitting around or being used for whatever purpose to rack up 1500 miles seems odd to me.
I would go raven all the way period.... I have also heard of tesla taking away fusc when it’s transferred to a new owner. I’m a huge fan of the new motors on raven cars and the x needs all the help it can get for more miles per charge.

Take the 2020 Long Range and the extra you’d spend on the 2018 P and you can add Xpel stealth PPF with ceramic coating. I went with regular Xpel Ultimate, but wish I did the Stealth. I got a black MX and the stealth would make it matte black and highlight all the curves and edges. If you plan to keep it well over 5yrs you’ll have a good 10years of protection with PPF. Rock chips and swivel marks will be non existent. If you live in a cold climate you’ll be happy all that road salt and sand wont ruin your new baby.

Also get the white seats protected with a coating, mine clean up nicely with water and a microfibre.

What coating did you put on your white seats, and what year is your vehicle/are the seats perforated? The reason I ask: when I picked up my 2019 Model X Raven from having the XPEL PPF applied, I asked the detailer if anything is available to further protect the white seats. I had seen a YouTube video involving a prior year Model X with perforated seats that they coated. My detailer said no coating was necessary for the seats. Just curious what people are using for the current seats?

Having one of each of the options you’re considering (I have a 2018 PX100D and a 2020 Long Range Raven) my advice is to get the 2020 Raven. It rides better, is more silent and it has more than enough power. Perhaps I’m getting old but the P100D is so fast that you can barely floor it before you’re into illegal speed territory. The Raven is perfect IMO.

What coating did you put on your white seats, and what year is your vehicle/are the seats perforated? The reason I ask: when I picked up my 2019 Model X Raven from having the XPEL PPF applied, I asked the detailer if anything is available to further protect the white seats. I had seen a YouTube video involving a prior year Model X with perforated seats that they coated. My detailer said no coating was necessary for the seats. Just curious what people are using for the current seats?

I just returned my 2016 MX with white seats (replaced with a 2020 Long Range) and even though it was driven daily with a messy toddler in the back, no issues. The seats held up great. I wouldn’t worry about it.

Having one of each of the options you’re considering (I have a 2018 PX100D and a 2020 Long Range Raven) my advice is to get the 2020 Raven. It rides better, is more silent and it has more than enough power. Perhaps I’m getting old but the P100D is so fast that you can barely floor it before you’re into illegal speed territory. The Raven is perfect IMO.

You must be rich. How many Teslas do you have? :)

The Raven is a better car in all respects. Base Long Range is already fast for a SUV, performance is over the Moon fast!

Raven has newer ceramic bearing technology, improved 100 kWh battery, much improved adaptive suspension, both for smooth riding as well as high performance touring. It has the latest computer, newer seat design and refreshed interior.

If you can get some tax breaks by buying new, and getting delivery before the EOY, that might make it a financial no brainer.

2020 will come with Free Supercharging for life. The used on, if purchased from a dealer, will have it deleate after registration.

Like others, I traded in my 07 for a Raven. The new car is much better. Go RAVENS!

Exactly. I had a Performance Model 3. It was so fast I kept it in Chill mode most of the time. And it was not as fast as a P100D.

80% of it, is knowing what you car could do. But 95% of the time you can’t do what it can do. Without causing trouble.

LR is fast a V8 Jeep SRT.

Just not as fast as Hell Cat Jeep.