Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The bad weather predicted for the arrival of GLOVIS CHALLENGE into the channel has been given the name Storm Dennis. The first challenge will be the safe transfer of a pilot which can be done either off Brixham or Cherbourg, unless the Captain, because of his experience in busy European waters, is deemed not to require one.

I haven't been to Southampton for months.
Last week when it became clear that the Cosmos was (originally) scheduled to Southampton on 11th (today) I jokingly said RV at IKEA, with absolutely no intention of going to Southampton. Imagine my surprise when it became clear that I would have to visit Southampton on another matter today.
Shame it couldn't have waited until Thursday.

So RV in Panama on Sunday to watch Brooklands do its transit.
(You never know...)

Reactions: OfficialMark_H
Don’t hold your breath waiting for a reply though. Here’s mine

Thank you for contacting Tesla Delivery.

We will respond to your query as soon as possible, although there could be a slight delay in light of the high volume we’re currently receiving.

I emailed yesterday and got an email back in around 30 minutes from one of the team, although it wasn't the answer I wanted to hear.

Mr M have you heard of the Maersk Ohio? My VIN is back and Tesla Edinburgh tell me that's the ship my MX is on, due for delivery sometime in March. I haven't seen that one mentioned in the recent posts..

Maersk Ohio is a container ship, whereas cars are usually transported on RoRos (Roll on Roll off). I’m not sure if historically Tesla have ever used a container to transport ? Mr. M would know if they ever have.

Mr M have you heard of the Maersk Ohio? My VIN is back and Tesla Edinburgh tell me that's the ship my MX is on, due for delivery sometime in March. I haven't seen that one mentioned in the recent posts..

Not wanting to stand on Grand Master Mr M’s toes. Historically the MS and MX were transported across from west to east and put into containers.

see this post : Tracking your Tesla from the factory to the UK

I'm a little surprised by this - especially to name the ship.
As was explained above, MX were previously shipped in containers by rail to Houston and then put on a ship and then reassembled at Tilburg. As far as I was aware that stopped when they started the Pier 80 operation and shipped Model 3s, as well as Model S & X complete. Recent pictures of Pier 80 show X & S in amongst the field of 3s.
However that ship is precisely one that would be used if they were to resurrect the container option. I'll keep an eye on it.
The rail journey to Houston takes forever so it could be loaded on a train at the moment. I don't track trains!!

UPDATE
The MAERSK OHIO departs Houston on 16 Feb and arrives Rotterdam 2 Mar.
Sounds genuine!

Last edited:
Reactions: Andrew Cairns
I'm a little surprised by this - especially to name the ship.
As was explained above, MX were previously shipped in containers by rail to Houston and then put on a ship and then reassembled at Tilburg. As far as I was aware that stopped when they started the Pier 80 operation and shipped Model 3s, as well as Model S & X complete. Recent pictures of Pier 80 show X & S in amongst the field of 3s.
However that ship is precisely one that would be used if they were to resurrect the container option. I'll keep an eye on it.
The rail journey to Houston takes forever so it could be loaded on a train at the moment. I don't track trains!!

UPDATE
The MAERSK OHIO departs Houston on 16 Feb and arrives Rotterdam 2 Mar.
Sounds genuine!

Thank you again M for your very useful info on this. Tesla told me to expect a text this week. If it doesn’t arrive I’ll try to call them again and post an update..