Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When is the latest I might receive notification of a VIN or of the delivery date in order to receive the car before the end of March? I am assuming if it doesn't come by the end of Q1 then it won't be until the end of Q2. I ordered a SR+ with tow bar mid-January and was told mid-February which has now slipped to mid-March.

When is the latest I might receive notification of a VIN or of the delivery date in order to receive the car before the end of March? I am assuming if it doesn't come by the end of Q1 then it won't be until the end of Q2. I ordered a SR+ with tow bar mid-January and was told mid-February which has now slipped to mid-March.

The 30th :rolleyes:

Reactions: ringi

Keep watching hourly the Tesla inventory as I spotted one fitting my order with a tow bar and am getting it next week! The stock seems to vanish as soon as posted apart from a red SR+ with FSD which took a day or so as it was a bit expensive and close to a LR for the money.

Edit: Two LR with tow hitches there at the mo.

upload_2020-2-12_14-43-57.png

A tug has approached Cosmos!

Edit: Make that two.

upload_2020-2-12_14-52-20.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr H
Just spoken to tesla, apparently the latest update is that my car is in Southampton. Have I missed a ship? I thought the first ship was the cosmos tomorrow AM?
LR, White, black, Aeros, ordered 29/12, lease, Heathrow collection

It should have been in Southampton.

If a Tesla load arrives at Southampton the M3 and A34 quickly visibly fill with transporters and that has not happened yet.

Drove past Southampton docks earlier today, wasn’t too busy. A couple of vehicle carriers, couple of container ships and one cruise liner that I could see. Certainly a few free berths available now if it had been full due to Ciara.

Ships do not want to be tied up to a dock in a storm it's much safer for all to be at sea.

Reactions: Masklin
The ship is not on a scheduled RoRo service. The ship is chartered.

When GLOVIS COSMOS arrives it will not be emptied completely because apparently it has onboard 1000 Model 3s bound for Dubai. (The Cosmos leaves Southampton for Bremerhaven and then is a scheduled RoRo service to the Middle East)
1000 Model 3s in Dubai! That is an amazing figure.
Just need to convince the lawless Arabs who race around London's West End streets making a racket in overpriced ICEs to go electric!

When GLOVIS COSMOS arrives it will not be emptied completely because apparently it has onboard 1000 Model 3s bound for Dubai. (The Cosmos leaves Southampton for Bremerhaven and then is a scheduled RoRo service to the Middle East)
1000 Model 3s in Dubai! That is an amazing figure.
Just need to convince the lawless Arabs who race around London's West End streets making a racket in overpriced ICEs to go electric!
That figure surprised me until I looked it up and realised fuel was 45p per litre there! Much more than I remember it being and probably more than some US states.Of course, petrol prices aren't the only driving force behind tesla ownership.

Wonder what battery degradation is like in extreme heat?

That figure surprised me until I looked it up and realised fuel was 45p per litre there! Much more than I remember it being and probably more than some US states.Of course, petrol prices aren't the only driving force behind tesla ownership.

Wonder what battery degradation is like in extreme heat?

Probably about the same as Arizona. Although I reckon roof shades will be essential.

Keep watching hourly the Tesla inventory as I spotted one fitting my order with a tow bar and am getting it next week! The stock seems to vanish as soon as posted apart from a red SR+ with FSD which took a day or so as it was a bit expensive and close to a LR for the money.

Edit: Two LR with tow hitches there at the mo.

Thanks for that. I did check but I never saw any apart from the red one you mention. Just checked now and indeed these is a LR with a tow bar. So I ordered it!

Why is that? I thought the port would provide shelter? TIA :)

The port does provide shelter from rough seas but not from the wind.
The ship is tied to the dock but there can be a huge strain on the lines no matter which way the wind is blowing. If a line does fail, the rest generally follow and then we have a ship without engine power being blown across the harbour into anything and everything. To try and prevent that the warps will be doubled, the bridge and engine room will be fully manned and the engine(s) ready to provide power (even then there is no guarantee that rudder control will be present) Tugs will be on standby (costly) - it's a lot easier and safer to be at sea.
The ship is designed to be at sea, it may be uncomfortable but it's pretty easy to ride out a storm especially if the waves and wind are coming from the same direction. Positioning in the lee of land will reduce the swell significantly. Additionally, the direction of the wind at sea will remain fairly constant allowing the ship to position into wind (at anchor the ship will naturally swing into wind) whereas in a port it tends to be more variable and invariably from the most inconvenient direction.

• Informative
Reactions: Danb_Cym