Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update here, I just spoke to Tesla, the chap I spoke to seemed to indicate that our M3P may actually be in Europe, they were unable to give me the current ship, he referenced that our friend Storm Dennis had caused a lot of chaos with vehicles being moved from ship to ship.

He seemed to think that I might hear form them in the next 1-2 weeks to arrange delivery though .... trying not to get excited, would e nice if this is true, but I had assumed that the car was on Asian King or Glovis Captain.

That echoes what I was told yesterday with my M3P. I’m collecting from Leeds so I am hoping it’s on route to Grimsby on the Autopremier. Time will tell

Last edited:
I keep reading posts suggesting that M3P’s are on later ships. I received a hidden VIN towards the end of January and told mid February delivery but been given naff delivery advice from Tesla too many times to believe a word of it.
Well my M3P was confirmed by Tesla as being on Challenge which has now unloaded at Zeebrugge. We are eagerly awaiting news on what happens now.
My hidden VIN appeared 24th Jan

Hi all, long time listener, first time caller.

Just had confirmation from Tesla that my order (SR+ blue/black leased through zenith 27 Jan) has been vin matched and is on the Morning Cara with estimated delivery “mid to late March”. Hopefully that’s helpful to others with similar orders (assuming allocation is not totally random!)

Just had confirmation from Tesla that my order (SR+ blue/black leased through zenith 27 Jan) has been vin matched and is on the Morning Cara with estimated delivery “mid to late March”. Hopefully that’s helpful to others with similar orders (assuming allocation is not totally random!)
Welcome to the forum! Which delivery centre will you be using? (Once you have a few more posts you can add your order info to a signature.)

Well my M3P was confirmed by Tesla as being on Challenge which has now unloaded at Zeebrugge. We are eagerly awaiting news on what happens now.
My hidden VIN appeared 24th Jan
That's very well possible. My M3P was also on Challenge, delivery in Belgium. Got my text from Tesla yesterday... delivery next week on Friday. So I guess texts for UK in a few days.

Welcome to the forum! Which delivery centre will you be using? (Once you have a few more posts you can add your order info to a signature.)

Thank you!

Unfortunately they didn’t know which delivery centre. Apparently leasing companies are increasingly organising their own deliveries to customers as Tesla centres are at full capacity.... not sure how truthful this is.

• Informative
Reactions: ringi and Mark-R
Thank you!

Unfortunately they didn’t know which delivery centre. Apparently leasing companies are increasingly organising their own deliveries to customers as Tesla centres are at full capacity.... not sure how truthful this is.
Tesla centres do appear to be at full capacity and there are several boat loads of M3s heading here for March delivery, so I can easily believe it is true!

I have the same expectation from Tesla, I have a test drive booked on Sunday so I'm hoping to bleed some additional information from them at that point.

Hello all,

been following this thread for a while, love the banter and more importantly the valuable info! I ordered a LR BLUE/BLACK M3 in November through work. Spoke to tesla last week to get some information needed for OLEV grant and they confirmed my car is on the brooklands. Never tracked a new car order like this before!

As lex are managing all the aspects of the order I don’t yet have a vehicle assigned to my Tesla account and won’t be getting any texts from Tesla direct so the wait is even more agonising! Good thing this thread is here to kill the time...

Hello all,

been following this thread for a while, love the banter and more importantly the valuable info! I ordered a LR BLUE/BLACK M3 in November through work. Spoke to tesla last week to get some information needed for OLEV grant and they confirmed my car is on the brooklands. Never tracked a new car order like this before!

As lex are managing all the aspects of the order I don’t yet have a vehicle assigned to my Tesla account and won’t be getting any texts from Tesla direct so the wait is even more agonising! Good thing this thread is here to kill the time...

Welcome to the forum! I'm also going through Lex however when they placed the order they gave Tesla my email address and phone number, apparently when the cars hit Southampton both myself and Lex will get an email advising on delivery date.

I would recommend making sure Tesla have your info, that way you will be in the know and won't have to wait for Lex to remember to give you a call!

I called Tesla today to be told that my car is on the Grand Mark. I got my vin issued on the 29th of Jan - Feels like there is something wonky with the dates here as the Grand Mark didn't leave SF until the 02.02??

I got my VIN on the 31st Jan also Grand Mark. My expected delivery dates are all over the place, at the moment it's 5th March in Edinburgh. We'll see what happens when she arrives in Southampton on the 25th/26th Feb.

Reactions: Ukmgranger
New guy here, after much stressing out over "where the f is my tesla" i found comfort in reading these pages. Thought this may help anyone else in confusion

- Reservation holder since: 17/03/2019
- Ordered: 08/01/2020
- "Broken Account" until: 21/01/2020
- Delivery location: Leeds, M3 LR AWD
- Account page has always said "Estimated Delivery: -"
- My Vin has been assigned, i don't know when that happened. I figured out you can also see it in the source-code of the page if you search "vin":
- I called them up today to find out my Atlantic boat details - they said "GRAND MARK014"
- Expected delivery has always been lies and bullshit everytime i call. Always inconsistent and false-promising

What a mess... Hope this helps similar people!

Welcome to the forum! I'm also going through Lex however when they placed the order they gave Tesla my email address and phone number, apparently when the cars hit Southampton both myself and Lex will get an email advising on delivery date.

I would recommend making sure Tesla have your info, that way you will be in the know and won't have to wait for Lex to remember to give you a call!

Thanks for the welcome!

I think the process changed end of q4. I originally had a performance on order with a delivery date in Nov and could see the car in my Tesla account and check for hidden vins etc. I got offered a cracking deal on the LR end of Oct and had to switch schemes resulting in the whole order process restarting with a new RN, due to admin issues this wasn’t provided to lex until mid Nov. I queried why I couldn’t see the car in my Tesla account and lex didn’t know. Asked someone in Tesla leeds who checked the RN and said as Lex is the customer it won’t appear on my account until delivery day.
Silver lining - I only need to check brooklands on vessel finder, this thread and lex portal several times a day...looking at Tesla account may have been too much!

is there a therapy thread for all the impatient ppl slowly going mad?

Thanks for the welcome!

I think the process changed end of q4. I originally had a performance on order with a delivery date in Nov and could see the car in my Tesla account and check for hidden vins etc. I got offered a cracking deal on the LR end of Oct and had to switch schemes resulting in the whole order process restarting with a new RN, due to admin issues this wasn’t provided to lex until mid Nov. I queried why I couldn’t see the car in my Tesla account and lex didn’t know. Asked someone in Tesla leeds who checked the RN and said as Lex is the customer it won’t appear on my account until delivery day.
Silver lining - I only need to check brooklands on vessel finder, this thread and lex portal several times a day...looking at Tesla account may have been too much!

is there a therapy thread for all the impatient ppl slowly going mad?

Unfortunately not and the frustration will only heighten as people see others ordering the same spec but later, get theirs first!

I just called Tesla and very helpful chap told me my M3P is on Globis Challenge that will next dock at Southampton. He said I can expect to receive at Stockport late next / early week after. I ordered late October 2019 via employers fleet lease company a division of Arnold Clarke.

New guy here, after much stressing out over "where the f is my tesla" i found comfort in reading these pages. Thought this may help anyone else in confusion

- Reservation holder since: 17/03/2019
- Ordered: 08/01/2020
- "Broken Account" until: 21/01/2020
- Delivery location: Leeds, M3 LR AWD
- Account page has always said "Estimated Delivery: -"
- My Vin has been assigned, i don't know when that happened. I figured out you can also see it in the source-code of the page if you search "vin":
- I called them up today to find out my Atlantic boat details - they said "GRAND MARK014"
- Expected delivery has always been lies and bullshit everytime i call. Always inconsistent and false-promising

What a mess... Hope this helps similar people!
Hi and welcome, I think a lot of stress comes from impatience and miscommunication. The day before I ordered my M3
I drove to the main London showroom asked for a test drive and spent an hour with the salesman who went through the
whole order/delivery process. At that time (end of Nov.) delivery was showing February on website, he told me to forget that information, in reality I was looking at 4 months, possibly 3 as it was going to fall in Q1 2020. I was told to contact
Tesla for an update of VIN and delivery after 10 weeks. I did and got told my VIN and ship (Challenge) and to expect delivery, last week of Feb. Everything was hassle free and going like clockwork, then I discovered about ‘Hidden VINS’ and people waiting for over six months etc and I’ve been (needlessly) stressing about it all ever since.

I just called Tesla and very helpful chap told me my M3P is on Globis Challenge that will next dock at Southampton. He said I can expect to receive at Stockport late next / early week after. I ordered late October 2019 via employers fleet lease company a division of Arnold Clarke.

Well, the CHALLENGE is now on its way to Emden, Germany. It’ll be a different ship coming to UK from Belgium.

Interesting......
Spoke to Tesla deliveries today and asked for an update on the Challenge situation.
I have been told emphatically that my M3LR will definitely arrive in the U.K. tomorrow (21-2-20) and deliveries will start a week later.
Also told that as that date will be Thur 27/Fri 28 expect pick up to be the following week Mon. March 2nd onwards.
At first I thought perhaps they’d put all the Challenge cars on the Grimsby bound ship but that is arriving this afternoon the only other UK bound carrier from Zeebrugge to Southampton
to arrive tomorrow (21st) is the Orion Highway.
Mr. M thinks that is arriving at the wrong part of Southampton docks to be carrying Teslas.
Confusing!

Thank you!

Interesting - I’m going through Zenith and they’ve explicitly said I have to get from a Tesla SC as they “do it differently” and when I spoke to Tesla I checked and they have me down (correctly) for Stockport albeit as of Monday (when I last called) I don’t have a VIN yet.