Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok here goes again:

glovis_track.PNG

glovis_info.PNG

Aparently Model S/X deliveries remain unaffected, which is why I stated 'The following applies to Model 3 deliveries only' in post 2515.
I know. I gave that update because I’ve had two people at Tesla say two different things. The first that Model X/S has no Q1 cutoff and deliveries will take place as normal and today’s which stated that if not by end of March would likely be May or June. Not sure which is accurate

Soon the thread will go quiet as you stated a while back, perhaps you could avail yourself of one of those super cheap world cruises currently on offer.My M3 is now a day old and the smile won't fade for the foreseeable future, I know what a Cheshire cat looks like now !
I have tried to put your referral code on my car on collection but its a no for now but I won't give up.

The following applies to Model 3 deliveries only.

GLOVIS CAPTAIN is the final vessel of 2020 Q1.
Under normal circumstance, I would not expect the next ship to depart Pier 80 with cars destined for the UK until mid April, meaning a resumption of UK deliveries around mid May.
As I have mentioned here before, the leasing companies have been the source of a strong rumour that there will no Tesla UK deliveries in May whatsoever. I don't know the reason for this, Model Y production possibly, or even if the rumour is true. What is evident however is that there seems to be a much larger quantity of inventory stock being shipped this quarter which may give credence to a planned forthcoming drought.
(I am aware that if you order online now the website says you will get a May delivery, but that delivery estimate is notoriously unreliable.)
For deliveries to recommence in June, I will not be expecting to see a ship at Pier 80 until the beginning of May. This would possibly mean only 5 shipments in Q2. To counter this I would expect them to be performed by the largest ships available and so I will be keeping my eye closely on these type of vessels over the coming weeks. Alternatively, it could herald an introduction of a new faster delivery route, who knows?
Whatever, it will mean that this thread will become exceptionally quiet for the next couple of months.

ZZzzzzzz......
I can confirm as someone who works at one of the largest leasing companies in the UK that its not a rumour RE no May deliveries. I’ve read the official communication from Tesla.

MORNING CARA looks to be arriving in Southampton 7.30am Monday 9th March now. Moved forwards from 8.30pm, So I’d hazard a guess it will be leaving Zee 2-3pm tomorrow. I noticed earlier this morning she was bunkering fuel. COME ON!!!!!

Excellent spot!

Will we now see a speed increase from ASIAN KING in response to the berth being available earlier?