Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mr M. - Will Asian King bring the UK cars to Southampton herself or transfer them to another vessel? Thanks

The honest answer is I don't know.
However, so far this quarter only 1 ship of the 5 so far was not scheduled in to Southampton. (The ship that didn't make it GLOVIS CHALLENGE may actually have been scheduled originally however it didn't make it because of delays)
On that basis I fully expect both ASIAN KING and GLOVIS CAPTAIN to deliver to Southampton after unloading their LHD freight in Zeebrugge.
I'm a little concerned that I haven't had an inkling of ASIAN KING's visit to Southampton yet. She is running late and so I hoped I would see some remnants of her original schedule appearing in various port schedules by now but that hasn't been the case. Quite frankly, ASIAN KING's future itinerary remains a mystery to me, which is unusual.
Nevertheless, the first confirmation of her visiting Southampton will show on the Southampton VTS webpage, one that I am regularly consulting at the moment.

Reactions: pacs and MGrove
Or the cheque has bounced again and she'll piroutte outside till Tuesday! Deja vu!
Or they have slowed down because of one, two or all of the following reasons
1. High winds
2. Taking on a Channel Pilot at Cherbourg
3. High traffic in the Channel, which means a slower speed is safer.
I don't think pirouettes can be predicted from the speed a day in advance - also the cheque bouncing theory should be filled under "guesses", rather than "truths" or "theories" - as most things has to be within ship tracking.

Last edited:
What, MORNING CARA? I’d say she’s been pretty consistent, its ASIAN KING thats all over the place at the minute.
Yes the ETA for Southampton has been confusing, I’ve been following the next destination for a few days and it seems to have been changing every 5 minutes!
But yes, Asian King has been even more confusing, but it seems to have some good speed now and is looking happier.

Some Tug activity at the moment, maybe she is getting ready to depart for UK.

Definitely tug activity for Morning Cara
Screenshot 2020-03-08 at 17.51.47.png

• Love
Reactions: Harv3y
MORNING CARA will need more than one tug to turn and assist in entering the lock. Watch for the tugs currently assisting PASSERO returning to MORNING CARA's side. It will take a while for them to come back through the lock.
ASIAN KING has increased speed but will still not arrive off Zeebrugge until tomorrow morning.

Reactions: Roy W. and Harv3y