Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any updates on Glovis Captain today? Still chugging along happily, I hope!

Current GLOVIS CAPTAIN situation:

54ab149069bedd0412870504.jpg

Only kidding, here you go:

glovis_info.PNG

@Mr Miserable are we expecting delays to ASIAN KING’s arrival in to Southampton as MORNING CARA is delayed getting in? Southamptons planned movements show MORNING CARA getting in at 04:45 in the morning and ASIAN KING getting in at 20:30 on the 12th.

At the moment I wouldn't be surprised for there to be a delay.
If you look at the Southampton VTS schedule there are 2 ships due at 104 between MORNING CARA and ASIAN KING.
The planners will be busy trying to minimise delays for everybody.

Reactions: Harv3y
i​

My car is also on the morning Cara and Tesla confirmed this morning that I can pick my car up on Friday the 13th at 11:30 am from Edinburgh. However, as I live nearly 200 miles away from Edinburgh I have put it off until Monday the 16th at 14:30.
Interesting- hoping my car is also on this ship! I’m due to pick up from Edinburgh but haven’t heard anything yet...

Thanks for the info. I am through a Lease Co and also on Morning Cara. Tesla txt on Fri to confirm delivery on Mon 16th, so let’s see what the delivery agent come up with, hopefully tomorrow.

I had previously been told by Tesla that my M3 SR+ is on Morning Cara. Last Friday I received a text informing me that my car would be road delivered to my home address on Monday 16th March, between 0900 - 1800 hrs. Unfortunately due to my work commitments I repliend "N" in order to be contacted by a Tesla Advisor. Needless to say I haven't so this morning I phoned Tesla who said that this delivery is handled by a different team/company and they would be in touch. Despite my request for a delivery at Tesla Birmingham he said that was not possible!
The lack of communication os driving me crazy! Lease Co are completely useless too. I just hope I still get the car now....

MORNING CARA's entry into Southampton has firmed up to 04:45 tomorrow morning.
A pretty precise time so I think that it is going to be the final iteration.
One more sleep.....

If it helps anyone else understand the process ...

Ordered 26 Jan 2020

My MSM Model 3 LR-AWD is on MORNING CARA (by phone to Tesla, Mon 2nd last week) - hidden VIN was already in my 'Manage' page Source Code when I checked (Sun 1st), and confirmed by Tesla.

Received SMS for collection appointment Friday 6th at 12:46. Offered Fri or Mon - chose Mon 16th (Heathrow). Appointment appeared in my Manage page as soon as I confirmed.

I was told I should receive final invoice and Reg number tomorrow (Tue 10th)

Thanks Mr Miserable and others for all the information so far.

My hidden VIN is 594xxx and I’m hoping I am on the Glovis Captain. Still had no text message from Tesla. Anyone else been getting collection dates today?

My VIN is later than yours and on the Glovis Captain - confirmed today by Tesla when I put a call in. Told to expect delivery w/c 23rd, they certainly want all cars delivered for Qtr end. No text message as yet though.

Reactions: MudHut
There’s some tug activity around Asian King. Maybe she will head off shortly and they’ll be working like crazy to get MORNING CARA unloaded and on her way.
I noticed that a few hours ago so they’ve been there a while. There are 2 boats coming in to berth 104 in between MORNING CARA and ASIAN KING so I think it’d be unlikely they’d be leaving already! If they do they’ll either go very slowly or sit at anchor I’d have thought!

• Love
Reactions: HIWEX
I noticed that a few hours ago so they’ve been there a while. There are 2 boats coming in to berth 104 in between MORNING CARA and ASIAN KING so I think it’d be unlikely they’d be leaving already! If they do they’ll either go very slowly or sit at anchor I’d have thought!
Yeah, its still down as arriving in Southampton 8.30pm 12th March so a little early to be on her way. Let’s see!

Reactions: Harv3y