Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've just got off the phone from Tesla - the guy I spoke to said that there is a boat arriving Friday and then another boat arriving next Friday - both due in to Belgium first and then would move onwards. Couldn't give me names though.

Quote from my lease company today after inquiring about my M3P ordered on the 29/1/20.

The latest information I have is that the boat will be docking in Southampton Thursday evening, so once they have got all the cars off, done the paperwork and matched up with orders, I should be able to get an update at the earliest Friday but more likely Monday.

Sounds like they think they are matched after unloading! I think they should read these forums and I'll be waiting till June!

Quote from my lease company today after inquiring about my M3P ordered on the 29/1/20.

The latest information I have is that the boat will be docking in Southampton Thursday evening, so once they have got all the cars off, done the paperwork and matched up with orders, I should be able to get an update at the earliest Friday but more likely Monday.

Sounds like they think they are matched after unloading! I think they should read these forums and I'll be waiting till June!

Info I got was based on me giving my VIN (ordered an inventory M3P).

Starting to feel a bit more real now

Attachments

• 95F621B5-CDD5-47AB-9694-9ADB756E3EE7.jpeg
    95F621B5-CDD5-47AB-9694-9ADB756E3EE7.jpeg
    123.8 KB · Views: 70
Thanks and do we know when boats will be arriving again? I have a feeling I am going to be unlucky.
I rang Tesla yesterday and was told I am going to be unlucky and that next deliveries will be May. This lines up with the estimated delivery date on their website. However - there are also rumors circulating that lease companies have been told June. I guess we won't know until we see the next batch of ships leaving SFO.

I rang Tesla yesterday and was told I am going to be unlucky and that next deliveries will be May. This lines up with the estimated delivery date on their website. However - there are also rumors circulating that lease companies have been told June. I guess we won't know until we see the next batch of ships leaving SFO.
yes its a real crap shoot. Some people have ordered after me and i see them getting cars allocated. Maybe it is to do with the leasing company. Not much we can do but wait. Just gonna be a long wait without my car as i will be selling it Thursday.

Reactions: The5tig

Many thanks for that Mf03. I’ve just rung my lease company (Inchcape) who in turn rang Tesla whilst I waited. Got a similar story... I was just annoyed that I ordered my M3SP in blue on 8th Jan and am sat here still waiting for news, when a colleague ordered his M3SP in white two weeks ago and they contacted him today asking to deliver it next week! D’oh!!!

Hows was the podpoint install?

Awaiting mine, going to be a few weeks yet, I've heard they're busy!

was very good only a short run to consumer unit took around 2 hours was friendly and neat :) they told me they was busy but was installed witin a week from being passed to the scheduling department. It took longer for me as the person dealing with the olev documents was off ill for a few days but all in all 2 weeks from order.

I had previously been told by Tesla that my M3 SR+ is on Morning Cara. Last Friday I received a text informing me that my car would be road delivered to my home address on Monday 16th March, between 0900 - 1800 hrs. Unfortunately due to my work commitments I repliend "N" in order to be contacted by a Tesla Advisor. Needless to say I haven't so this morning I phoned Tesla who said that this delivery is handled by a different team/company and they would be in touch. Despite my request for a delivery at Tesla Birmingham he said that was not possible!
The lack of communication os driving me crazy! Lease Co are completely useless too. I just hope I still get the car now....

Hi mate, I'm going through a lease company too.

So here's what I know which might clear things up (maybe not).

- Lease company order with Tesla and that's as much as they see.
- Tesla have a subsidiary company called 'Tesla Direct' - feels like you're talking to Tesla but you're talking to a delivery boy company.
- The cars go from the port (Southampton or wherever it landed) to the Tesla Direct site in Banbury where they remove the plastic films (boo!), final clean up and charge the cars. This happens on a Monday
- The cars are then driven personally by 'Tesla Handover Trained' people who are not Tesla employees but they're well versed.

When you confirm a delivery by replying 'Y' you then get an SMS the day before with a time slot of 2 hours (mine was 10-12) with a tracking link so you can see EXACTLY where the car is.

How do I know all of this? My car didn't turn up in the delivery window and I am an annoying customer who asks very awkward questions so I managed to find out quite a bit about this. My car was still in Southampton (for those interested, it was on GRAND MARK which docked sometime 27th Feb). So my car was sat there for 2 weeks... very frustrating.

Upside is they're taking good care of me now (because I'm so annoying!) and my car is being delivered tomorrow.

I hope this helps others who went through leasing companies understand what happens after the ship docks!

Tesla won't really know the exact whereabouts now, you should have got a phone number on the SMS which is 01494 769812. Give them the reg number of your car (should be on the SMS) and they'll tell you where your car is and when you can expect it.

As I say, it's out of Tesla's hands now so it can't be collected as they'd have to shift it to the dealership/collection centre which will delay it even more.

- Tesla have a subsidiary company called 'Tesla Direct' - feels like you're talking to Tesla but you're talking to a delivery boy company.
- The cars go from the port (Southampton or wherever it landed) to the Tesla Direct site in Banbury where they remove the plastic films (boo!), final clean up and charge the cars. This happens on a Monday
- The cars are then driven personally by 'Tesla Handover Trained' people who are not Tesla employees but they're well versed.

When you confirm a delivery by replying 'Y' you then get an SMS the day before with a time slot of 2 hours (mine was 10-12) with a tracking link so you can see EXACTLY where the car is.

How do I know all of this? My car didn't turn up in the delivery window and I am an annoying customer who asks very awkward questions so I managed to find out quite a bit about this. My car was still in Southampton (for those interested, it was on GRAND MARK which docked sometime 27th Feb). So my car was sat there for 2 weeks... very frustrating.

Upside is they're taking good care of me now (because I'm so annoying!) and my car is being delivered tomorrow.

I hope this helps others who went through leasing companies understand what happens after the ship docks!

Let us know how it goes tomorrow, might give some indication of how successful Thursday will be quite a few others.

Kind of surprised they are taking it to Banbury before delivering as I am nearer Southampton than Banbury. But who cares if it arrives safety :)

I'm having mine delivered on Thursday, I'm interested to know when the Tesla app begins to work - I asked the question on the phone and the guy said when the papers are signed but I don't think it's that clever! I'm anticipating being left without the app for days on end while I chase numerous Tesla departments, hopefully not!