Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK...
The STENA SUNRISE is an oil tanker. I mention it only because it is blocking Pier 80 at the moment.
The first Tesla ship of Q3 is GLOVIS SONIC and we don't yet know where it is destined.
What we do know is that a large number of EU spec cars have been in production and have been sighted on transporters heading for Pier 80.
The GLOVIS SUNRISE is a possible future Q3 ship.
Does EU spec cars mean right and left hand drive?

OK...
The STENA SUNRISE is an oil tanker. I mention it only because it is blocking Pier 80 at the moment.
The first Tesla ship of Q3 is GLOVIS SONIC and we don't yet know where it is destined.
What we do know is that a large number of EU spec cars have been in production and have been sighted on transporters heading for Pier 80.
The GLOVIS SUNRISE is a possible future Q3 ship.

Feel your pain Mr M

• Funny
Reactions: Mr Miserable
I see the GLOVIS SUN has updated its AIS to show that it intends to commence loading on the morning of 10 Jul (Friday).
We still do not know when the GLOVIS SONIC will depart however with this information we can see that it has enough time to load fully.
It is a big ship in that is 30m longer than a standard ship but retains a standard width to allow it to just fit into the old locks of the Panama Canal.
Does EU spec cars mean right and left hand drive?
EU spec cars are easily identified as such from a distance, not so whether it is RHD or LHD.

I see the GLOVIS SUN has updated its AIS to show that it intends to commence loading on the morning of 10 Jul (Friday).
We still do not know when the GLOVIS SONIC will depart however with this information we can see that it has enough time to load fully.
It is a big ship in that is 30m longer than a standard ship but retains a standard width to allow it to just fit into the old locks of the Panama Canal.

EU spec cars are easily identified as such from a distance, not so whether it is RHD or LHD.

Latest available webcam views from Pier 80 dated yesterday shows a considerable amount of M3 cars already at the dock

Reactions: Alistairuk
I just spoke with Tesla again re. My order (they said to call them back in July) ad the chap I spoke with said they would hope to match me with a car within the next couple of weeks. This wasn't new info as such but what was interesting is that chap told me that they are expecting around 1000 cars per week. How can that be possible given the frequency of the boats...