Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the RCC Antwerp is now moving to SFO port...
Yes
As I said would happen, the RCC ANTWERP has now dropped anchor in the SF Bay. She will move alongside Pier 80 tomorrow morning.
DONINGTON meanwhile, is still in Portland. I wonder whether she will be cancelled completely (again) or will wait until RCC ANTWERP has departed?
Elsewhere there have been significant changes to RoRo schedules again. (Grrr) It may take me until the weekend to determine the effects but the names of possible future Tesla ships has changed significantly.

Reactions: Roy W.
I would like to add my thanks to Mr Miserable and all other contributors to this thread. I am waiting on delivery of a Model 3 Long range in Red and ordered it on 3rd September. I was given a date of early October but obviously this isn't happened but reading this thread has both informed me and helped reduce the frustration the extra wait has entailed. I spoke to Tesla yesterday and they are saying November delivery but no more information than that. I hope that the car is on RCC Antwerp on Friday or I might be waiting for my Christmas present in December.
Thank you once again for all the information and humour evident on these pages.

I would like to add my thanks to Mr Miserable and all other contributors to this thread. I am waiting on delivery of a Model 3 Long range in Red and ordered it on 3rd September. I was given a date of early October but obviously this isn't happened but reading this thread has both informed me and helped reduce the frustration the extra wait has entailed. I spoke to Tesla yesterday and they are saying November delivery but no more information than that. I hope that the car is on RCC Antwerp on Friday or I might be waiting for my Christmas present in December.
Thank you once again for all the information and humour evident on these pages.
Don't worry too much, I am pretty sure that you will get delivery next month. Tesla are always a bit vague even when pushed for a delivery date but as soon as your car is loaded on to a ship, things will begin to firm up.

Don't worry too much, I am pretty sure that you will get delivery next month. Tesla are always a bit vague even when pushed for a delivery date but as soon as your car is loaded on to a ship, things will begin to firm up.

I ordered my Model 3 LR AWD a couople of days ago and Tesla says delivery in November.
Do you think my car would be on the "ANTWERP" or are there more ships to come for november/december deliveries ?
I fully understand you might not have any clue about this, haha :D

Kind regards from Jørgen in Norway!

I ordered my Model 3 LR AWD a couople of days ago and Tesla says delivery in November.
Do you think my car would be on the "ANTWERP" or are there more ships to come for november/december deliveries ?
I fully understand you might not have any clue about this, haha :D

Kind regards from Jørgen in Norway!
There will probably be another 6 or 7 ships this quarter. Cars for Norway go by train from Zeebrugge to Drammen.

Thank you for all this information! It exposed me to the whole world of vehicle shipments that I was not aware before :)

Question - I ordered my Model 3 LR (standard, no special color or add-ons) in the beginning of Oct from one of the big lease companies in the Netherlands, I didn't get any RN or VIN number yet (it's been about a week and a bit), from the lease company they say the delivery would be end of Oct, which sounds a bit too optimistic in my eyes.. should I prepare myself (mentally) for a 2021 delivery? or there's a chance that it'll be 2020?
Asking people with experience with deliveries of Model 3's in Netherlands

Thank you!

Thank you for all this information! It exposed me to the whole world of vehicle shipments that I was not aware before :)

Question - I ordered my Model 3 LR (standard, no special color or add-ons) in the beginning of Oct from one of the big lease companies in the Netherlands, I didn't get any RN or VIN number yet (it's been about a week and a bit), from the lease company they say the delivery would be end of Oct, which sounds a bit too optimistic in my eyes.. should I prepare myself (mentally) for a 2021 delivery? or there's a chance that it'll be 2020?

Thank you!
It depends! If your car is in stock then there is every chance you will have it by the end of October.
If it is not in stock then I suspect you may have a wait but it should not be beyond December.
Tesla will want to deliver as many cars this quarter as they can.

Thank you!

This is getting very off-topic (more abouts VINs and RNs than ships), but in short -- there was a "guaranteed delivery in 2020" deadline of Oct 7th published on the Dutch website of Tesla, so if your lease company put in the order before that date, you should be fine. I recon even after that date, you should probably be ok. BUT you definitely need to have your RN -- without a RN you basically do not exist for Tesla. When you get it, make sure to call Tesla to check if there is no "delivery restriction" (a lot of lease company's put those in the order). So try to get that, as soon as you can, and all you can do is wait, and follow this thread because it's really fun :)

Now back to the ships; really looking forward to RCC ANTWERP's arrival :D

As it stands at the moment RCC ANTWERP should arrive in Zeebrugge around 9 Nov.
I'm not confident about GRAND DOLPHIN coming to EU anymore and hope to clarify that by Saturday.
TRITON ACE is still looking good for an arrival in Zeebrugge around 19 Nov.
Hopefully I'll be able to name a couple more ships by Saturday.....

Thanks @Mr Miserable !

From a newbie when it comes to this, how many cars fit on average on one of these ships ?

Kind regards
Jørgen
You will read that some of these ships can take up to 7000 cars. BUT, it's a big but, because that capacity is based on a 1966 Toyota Corona, which is the unit of measure for these ships. A Tesla Model 3 is longer, wider and significantly heavier than one of those and so the actual number of Tesla cars onboard will be significantly less. Say, 4000 - 4500 for the biggest ships and 3000- 3500 for the standard.

• Informative
Reactions: Fred42 and Roy W.
For myself and other newbies, EU cars all arrive in the port of Zeebrugge in Belgium... how are the cars then transported and distributed throughout the UK?
Generally, not always, cars bound for the UK are not unloaded at Zeebrugge but stay onboard and are then unloaded in Southampton a couple of days later. Those cars that are unloaded onto the dock at Zeebrugge will stay there for about a week until the next Tesla ship comes in and then they are loaded on to that ship to take them to Southampton. Once the 1st ship departs from Pier 80 I will describe issues such as this in my daily report.

upload_2020-10-15_21-16-35.png

Found on Twitter. I also find this weird. Tesla can't pay much for transport back to the EU (since no one else sends cars there) but they must be paying for down time. It probably has something to do with the ILWU not wanting to work more than 4 hours a day.