Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RCC ANTWERP is currently holding 12SW of Selsey Bill.
The Southampton port schedule is now suggesting she won’t dock until tomorrow morning

TRITON ACE continues to progress across the Atlantic at 17kts 580nm ESE of Bermuda
At midday she was N29.6 W53.9. This shows that she has made a course change to the east.
The weather ahead is not looking great particularly from Sunday and this course change could be a very wise move.
She will arrive in Zeebrugge on 20 Nov and Southampton on 22 Nov

Triton Ace Atlantic Progress.png

GRAND AURORA is currently transiting the Panama Canal
Her ETA for Zeebrugge is 24 Nov and I estimate she should arrive in Southampton on 26/27 Nov.
I failed to promptly close the GRAND AURORA competition when she entered the canal but all entries are timestamped and so 3 entries will be deleted. The rules are pretty simple and quite clear.

TOSCANA No update to her position has been received but I estimate she should have entered the Red Sea by now.
The weather in her area continues to look fine.
She will arrive in Zeebrugge on 27 Nov

Toscana to Suez.png

TANNHAUSER is currently making 15 kts up the Malacca Straits
At midday she was at N4.5 E98.8
There are no weather issues.
She will arrive at Suez on 25 Nov and Zeebrugge of 6 Dec.

Tannhauser to Suez.png

GLOVIS CRYSTAL is currently loading at Pier 80. I am told that she will probably leave in about 6 hours to Zeebrugge and I estimate she will arrive there on 4 Dec and Southampton a couple of days later.

RCC AMSTERDAM is currently anchored in San Francisco Bay. I’m not sure whether she will move alongside Pier 80 later today because I believe she wasn’t expecting to move until tomorrow morning. Her destination remains unknown at the moment however I suspect it will be to Asia.

There is still time for another shipment to Europe…
I think we can strike SILVER RAY off my shortlist, and so is it GLOVIS STELLA or GLOVIS SUN? Or another ship?

Given how Tesla ships towards the second half of each quarter in large quantities and races to deliver by the end of the quarter, isn't the fact that the port in SF seem to be able to handle (load) only one vessel at at time a rather significant logistical bottleneck? Are there any plans to expand the capacity or with the factory in Europe (DE?) that problem would be largely gone? Thanks

GRAND AURORA will hopefully be studying the latest weather forecast for the Caribbean.
Tropical Depression 31 is expected to develop into Tropical Storm Iota this evening and rapidly strengthen into a Hurricane over the weekend and so is well worth avoiding.
Screenshot 2020-11-13 at 16.10.29.png

The decision to be made is whether to head for the Windward Passage or for the Mona Passage. In view of the weather forecast I think I know which one I'd choose...
Caribbean.png

• Informative
Reactions: Mr. Impatient
Given how Tesla ships towards the second half of each quarter in large quantities and races to deliver by the end of the quarter, isn't the fact that the port in SF seem to be able to handle (load) only one vessel at at time a rather significant logistical bottleneck? Are there any plans to expand the capacity or with the factory in Europe (DE?) that problem would be largely gone? Thanks
They also sometimes use Newark, Jersey (part of NY Ports).
Also Oakland in the Bay Area, for container shipments of Australian-, Kiwi- and some APAC- bound Tesla cars.

• Informative
Reactions: varavo