Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has there been spotted any Teslas in Southampton during or after Antwerp was docked there at all?

My M3 LR is currently on the Grand Aurora and due to Dock in Southampton on 26/27 November. I will be collecting the car from Southampton Dock on 4 December, booked in.

When speaking to Tesla CS , they told me it generally takes 2-3 days for the cars to be processed after coming off the ship. In my case it will be a week before I get my grubby hands on her.

Therefore in response to your original query, I very much doubt if anyone gets their car for at least 4-5 days after the ship has docked at Southampton.

Is AQUARIUS ACE a "Tesla" ship?

Drammen havn say AQUARIUS ACE from Zeebrugge is to dock in Drammen 16.11.2020 19:30.

Stats:
AQUARIUS ACE
To Risgarden (Drammen) from Zeebrugge
Lengde 174,98m
Bredde 29,2m
Flagg PA00
Bruttotonn 36615
IMO-nummer 9150339
Signal 3FHB8
Fartøytype Bilskip (RoRo)

Is AQUARIUS ACE a "Tesla" ship?

Drammen havn say AQUARIUS ACE from Zeebrugge is to dock in Drammen 16.11.2020 19:30.

Stats:
AQUARIUS ACE
To Risgarden (Drammen) from Zeebrugge
Lengde 174,98m
Bredde 29,2m
Flagg PA00
Bruttotonn 36615
IMO-nummer 9150339
Signal 3FHB8
Fartøytype Bilskip (RoRo)

I'm expecting cars to Norway to moved from Zeebrugge by train.

Reactions: apehest
Doesn't look like they have been much delayed by this "detour"
That is the whole point - a small course correction made early enough can assist in avoiding weather without too much of a penalty.
There is a penalty for leaving a great circle course and I calculate she will have travelled an extra 48nm but because she made the decision early she will have only required an increase in speed of 0.3kt to maintain her schedule. This will also work out to be a better economic choice too since she hasn't needed to slow down in the heavy weather and therefore won't require the fuel guzzling burst of speed required to make up for lost time when clear.
Too often we have seen ships just blindly ploughing through weather unnecesarily when just a little bit of good captaincy could have made the voyage much less stressful and more economical.
It's good to see, and it just shows to me that she was completely caught out by the Tehuantepecer wind a couple of weeks ago in the Pacific.

A train has arrived in Drammen.

upload_2020-11-16_12-22-59.png

TRITON ACE continues to progress across the Atlantic at 18kts.
At midday she was N39.3 W30.3 passing the island of Flores in the Azores
She has done well so far in avoiding the worst of the weather however conditions will start to deteriorate for her this afternoon with increasing wave heights over the next 24 hours but nothing dramatic enough to cause a delay in my opinion.
She will arrive in Zeebrugge on 20 Nov and Southampton on 22 Nov

Triton Ace Atlantic Progress.png

GRAND AURORA transited the Mona Passage last night and is now in the Atlantic.
At midday her position was N21.4 W65.3 which is about 175nm N of Puerto Rico.
The weather looks OK for her, for the next couple of days at least.
Her ETA for Zeebrugge is 24 Nov and I estimate she should arrive in Southampton on 26/27 Nov.

I will announce the result of the GRAND AURORA competition shortly, I suspect we may have a direct hit!

Grand Aurora Atlantic Progress.png

TOSCANA No update to her position has been received but she should be around the base of the Sinai peninsula now and will arrive at Suez later this evening.
The weather continues to look fine for her although the longterm forecast for her transit of the Bay of Biscay in particular looks uncomfortable at the moment. There is plenty of time for that forecast to hopefully change for the better.
She is due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 27 Nov

Toscana to Suez.png

GLOVIS CRYSTAL continues to make good progress southwards off the coast of the Baja California peninsula.
She should be looking carefully at the meteorological situation regarding Hurricane Iota which is about to hit Nicaragua. It is already a category 4 hurricane and so has the power to cross over into the Pacific just about when GLOVIS CRYSTAL will be passing. Additionally the wind circulation around the hurricane will probably cause the Tehuantepecer wind to develop and so a minor course correction now to the west could save some grief in a couple of days time.
Her ETA for Balboa is 01:00 23 Nov and so I estimate she will arrive in Zeebrugge on 5 Dec and Southampton a couple of days later.

The free GLOVIS CRYSTAL competition is up and running! Enter HERE

Glov Crystal Pacific.png

TANNHAUSER is currently passing south of Sri Lanka making 18 kts
No weather issues.
She will arrive at Suez on 25 Nov and Zeebrugge of 6 Dec.

Tannhauser to Suez.png

RCC AMSTERDAM is currently loading alongside Pier 80 and I have yet to be informed of when she is likely to depart but my guess would be late tomorrow night/early Wednesday morning.
I have revised my estimate for her Zeebrugge arrival to around 8 Dec

GLOVIS CAPTAIN is looking likely to be the next ship to load at pier 80.
I have her pencilled in to arrive in Zeebrugge around 14 Dec

GLOVIS SUN will be coming to Pier 80 to load in the coming days however at the moment I suspect that she will be heading to Asia.

I have yet to identify the final ship to Europe but another arriving just before Christmas may be on the cards - we shall see….

I'm expecting cars to Norway to moved from Zeebrugge by train.
Are you expecting that based on sources?
One of my Norwegian ship tracking "colleagues" money is on Aquarius Ace to bring Tesla cars, obviously not ruling out trains as well.
Part of their reasoning is that previous ships that did in fact transport Tesla cars to Drammen from Zeebrugge, did so without any intermediate port calls. My "colleague" is usually right.

GRAND AURORA COMPETITION RESULT

I initially thought we would have a direct hit for this competition but on precise plotting it turns out we didn't.
The winning square is I16 which nobody chose.
Since the ship is at the extreme right of this square, the nearest square is J16 which was a popular choice.
The winning entrant chose this square last Monday so our congratulations go to @heveahero .
Keep an eye on your postbox because if nothing else Christmas is approaching.
We have to offer a tissue to @Brice RedE to dry his eyes as he chose this square also but last Thursday.
It just goes to show that it pays to enter early and not to leave it to the last minute. @Mr. Impatient take note!
The GLOVIS CRYSTAL competition is open to entries - don't delay enter NOW!

Are you expecting that based on sources?
One of my Norwegian ship tracking "colleagues" money is on Aquarius Ace to bring Tesla cars, obviously not ruling out trains as well.
Part of their reasoning is that previous ships that did in fact transport Tesla cars to Drammen from Zeebrugge, did so without any intermediate port calls. My "colleague" is usually right.
The fact that it is direct I agree does make it look promising.
Not long to find out.....

Reactions: MGrove