Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of my lovely Midnight Silver LR today, thanks Mr M you are a STAR.

What I will advise is that you check then double check that Tesla have your correct telephone number, they had a wrong one for me and so I changed it. I started getting texts about delivery and that I would be sent a link today so I could track the courier, midday there’s a knock at the door and a bloke asks if I’m expecting a Tesla? Turns out he had been ringing the wrong number.

Dig deep if you have a delay, I promise that they are every bit as amazing as they say.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
GLOVIS SUN remains idling mid-Atlantic about 420nm SW of the Azores at N35.1 W36.3
She has about 1,950nm to go before arriving in Zeebrugge.
She came to a halt around 1pm today and has been idling ever since.
It is now officially night in her position. A container ship has just passed 13nm to her north without slowing and another car carrier passed within 5nm of her in daylight without slowing and so I am content that she is not in any distress.
The weather is fine.
All is not lost yet - at the moment she can still easily make Zeebrugge on time, however as each hour passes it becomes just a little bit harder.
This quarter has been bizarre for ships stopping mid-Atlantic for no apparent reason with GLOVIS CRYSTAL starting the fashion on 1 Dec when she stopped for 72 hours.
66 hours to go then....

GLOVIS SUN remains idling mid-Atlantic about 420nm SW of the Azores at N35.1 W36.3
She has about 1,950nm to go before arriving in Zeebrugge.
She came to a halt around 1pm today and has been idling ever since.
It is now officially night in her position. A container ship has just passed 13nm to her north without slowing and another car carrier passed within 5nm of her in daylight without slowing and so I am content that she is not in any distress.
The weather is fine.
All is not lost yet - at the moment she can still easily make Zeebrugge on time, however as each hour passes it becomes just a little bit harder.
This quarter has been bizarre for ships stopping mid-Atlantic for no apparent reason with GLOVIS CRYSTAL starting the fashion on 1 Dec when she stopped for 72 hours.
66 hours to go then....

Ballast water exchange in calm seas before entering European coastal areas? Just a guess...

Term

My M3 P is on RCC Amsterdam and I have a confirmed delivery date of 21st December so would suspect yours is on the same boat. I am however half expecting a text from Tesla tomorrow saying that the delivery date has slipped being as RCC Amsterdam is not due to arrive at Southampton until the morning of the 15th so 3 to 4 days behind schedule,

Interesting. I've got a confirmed delivery date of my M3 LR on 22nd December, picking up from Bristol (no Vin or Reg yet) and had assumed mine would be on board the (taking a breather in the middle of the Atlantic )Glovis Sun......

I'm guessing you were told by Tesla that your M3 P is on board there RCC Amsterdam...?

Now I'm intrigued if mine is close by - or bobbing up and down in the high seas........

Interesting. I've got a confirmed delivery date of my M3 LR on 22nd December, picking up from Bristol (no Vin or Reg yet) and had assumed mine would be on board the (taking a breather in the middle of the Atlantic )Glovis Sun......

I'm guessing you were told by Tesla that your M3 P is on board there RCC Amsterdam...?

Now I'm intrigued if mine is close by - or bobbing up and down in the high seas........

Yes, when I called Tesla before I had my delivery text I was told it was at sea and on the RCC Amsterdam so pretty confident that is where it is.

GLOVIS SUN
The ELEGANT ACE is a car carrier that is enroute from Jacksonville in Florida to Antwerp. It passed GLOVIS SUN several hours ago but it has since turned round and is now doing 5kts about 20nm south of GLOVIS SUN.
If it's a search, it seems strange that other ships STAR COURAGE and the MSC POH LIN passed through the area without stopping.
The next ship to arrive in the area in a couple of hours will be the containership MAERSK SEVILLE - let's see what she does...

3B5BF128-A073-43FB-8EAF-E3F3D12D9758.jpeg

At. Last.

Yes I get a fresh influx of people sitting there waiting and wondering where the hell their Tesla is.
I'm always hopeful that these folk will consider me when they switch their electricity suppliers to Octopus and their gas to SO Energy and use my referrals to save £90 off their energy bill at a stroke. It also would make a helluva contribution to offsetting my satellite subscription costs! I have had a few very nice people do the Octopus thing but nobody yet has done the double! It could be you!

I've been trying to work out electricity, and unfortunately because I run crypto mining rigs my usage is 24/7 and VERY high (24000kwh a year) - I just cant get these 'economy7' type tariffs to work in my favour :( with Outfox the Market currently, cheapest standard tariff, otherwise would def switch for you!

Mr. Miserable. Do you have any update on the position of the Safmarine Mafadi ? My pickup is still scheduled for next friday 18 december but until now still no vin and my sec still can't tell me on what ship my car is on.

I was assuming it would be on the Maersk Ohio that arrive last monday but I'm now assuming it will be on the Safmarine Mafadi that is about to arrive in Antwerp tomorrow and Rotterdam on monday. So it will be rather a rush delivery if the ships unloads on monday / tuesday, get the car to Tilburg for assembly and get in back to Belgium by friday but I assume that's the normal way of doing business :)

24 hours now since Glovis Sun stopped to low knots and changed path significantly. Seems like there are serious problems. It won’t reach the scheduled ETA in my opinion. Very very sad.. the last ship & then these problems.