Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 X blind spot camera when turn signal is used

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think this has to do with the older screen being portrait oriented versus landscape. There is not as much horizontal real estate.

Honestly, in my 2022 I don't look at screen a lot. I still prefer to check the outside mirrors which I have set so they show the lanes to the side and almost none of the side of the car.

I just ordered some convex side mirrors to help with the issue:

Reactions: GasNah
I think this has to do with the older screen being portrait oriented versus landscape. There is not as much horizontal real estate.

Honestly, in my 2022 I don't look at screen a lot. I still prefer to check the outside mirrors which I have set so they show the lanes to the side and almost none of the side of the car.

+1 When I'm merging I'm looking out side of my wind and scanning backwards. My first check is the mirrors. I have no idea why Tesla wanted to reinvent the wheel and remove blindspot tech. Oh, money. I forgot.

+1 When I'm merging I'm looking out side of my wind and scanning backwards. My first check is the mirrors. I have no idea why Tesla wanted to reinvent the wheel and remove blindspot tech. Oh, money. I forgot.
Hello I'm sure money is part of the discussion, I really don't think that's the prime driver. I think it's elon's lust for simplicity. He gets an idea in his head and just can't let go!

Okay fine, I realize that I have much the same problem. Like my desire for a model x. No real reason for it, but I can't seem to let go of it. I have to go drive my ass some just to calm myself sometimes!

Great to hear! Thx
I took Lectric_Agent’s advice and purchased these mirrors.

I just installed them today. The improvement on the highway is DRAMATIC. No more blind spots!!! It’s an incredible difference. Scary good.

I haven’t tried them at night yet, and obviously haven’t tried them yet in the winter. The heated mirror function is supposed to still work. For those without window tint, the blue one supposedly dims the brightness of the headlights behind you. If your windows are tinted, you’re supposed to get the white one, which does not dim. At least that’s my understanding. I am simply a happy customer. I have no connection with this company. These are the mirrors our cars should have come with standard.

I have a 2019 Model X (Raven).

Reactions: Lectric_Agent
I took Lectric_Agent’s advice and purchased these mirrors.

I just installed them today. The improvement on the highway is DRAMATIC. No more blind spots!!! It’s an incredible difference. Scary good.

I haven’t tried them at night yet, and obviously haven’t tried them yet in the winter. The heated mirror function is supposed to still work. For those without window tint, the blue one supposedly dims the brightness of the headlights behind you. If your windows are tinted, you’re supposed to get the white one, which does not dim. At least that’s my understanding. I am simply a happy customer. I have no connection with this company. These are the mirrors our cars should have come with standard.

I have a 2019 Model X (Raven).
Thanks for the shout out! I agree these mirrors should be standard