Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.11.x Firmware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2021.32.21 just hit for me.
1632774274815.png

Picked up on Sep 19 with 2021.11.103. Was promised same thing by chat.
So, a mobile tech was here today to install my Homelink. I asked him to push the latest software for mine, which is currently running 2021.11.103. Using his laptop, and my wifi, he linked my car to the mothership and said, "2021.21.12" is the latest for your car, and it's running that (from what he sees on the laptop.). So, we look at the software screen and it says, 2021.11.103, the factory load. He then proceeds to push 2021.21.12 (what he called, "the full package") to the car and low and behold, the car sees the 2021.21.12 push and starts downloading.... Everything installed, but the download and installed file were still labeled 2021.11.103. The tech concluded the factory .103 load is actually 2021.21.12, masked by the factory load cover. This should all sync up once the car is scheduled for it's next update. Thought I would share what happened, and what I observed standing next to the tech as he did what he said he was doing. So, there you have it, brothers and sisters!

Wait a sec …. You mean, all the “just wait a little bit, once the branches merge, you’ll be on the main update train” posts were right?!?

Imagine that ….
Well, not with the "little bit" part. It took just over 10 weeks and 3 missed major releases. These threads were more of a support group than anything, we all knew it would get there eventually (I don't think I would have guessed 10 damn weeks though). Crowdsourcing information to manage expectations.

Reactions: jrmt23
Well, not with the "little bit" part. It took just over 10 weeks and 3 missed major releases. These threads were more of a support group than anything, we all knew it would get there eventually (I don't think I would have guessed 10 damn weeks though). Crowdsourcing information to manage expectations.

With …
- Supply chain changes
- Vision only
- FSD work
- Safety scoring
- LFP US models

… and everything else going on - some seen, some unseen - I’m pleasantly surprised it was this quick, to be honest.

Fairly similar timeframe, maybe a couple weeks more at most, to what we saw when HW3 started shipping.

“Firmware ain’t easy ….”

… and especially in a crisis where processors and ASICs and board components are being swapped almost on a daily level.

I sent question about getting the update via the service chat. Will see if they send out an update or tell me to sit back and wait :). I have a service request in to get a garage door opener installed. Looks like I may have to re-schedule (unless it arrives in 2 days) it since the package is delayed by FedEx in Oregon.

So, a mobile tech was here today to install my Homelink. I asked him to push the latest software for mine, which is currently running 2021.11.103. Using his laptop, and my wifi, he linked my car to the mothership and said, "2021.21.12" is the latest for your car, and it's running that (from what he sees on the laptop.). So, we look at the software screen and it says, 2021.11.103, the factory load. He then proceeds to push 2021.21.12 (what he called, "the full package") to the car and low and behold, the car sees the 2021.21.12 push and starts downloading.... Everything installed, but the download and installed file were still labeled 2021.11.103. The tech concluded the factory .103 load is actually 2021.21.12, masked by the factory load cover. This should all sync up once the car is scheduled for it's next update. Thought I would share what happened, and what I observed standing next to the tech as he did what he said he was doing. So, there you have it, brothers and sisters!
I'm also on 2021.11.103, had my HomeLink installed on Friday, asked the tech to push the latest, but when I look at the screen, it says 2021.11.103. However, looking online, looks like everyone is getting is 2021.32.22.

Took delivery on 9/8 and have been at 11.102 since; car is in for service and they accidentally released it before it was completed. Saw it on the app for a moment and it indicated update to 32.21 is available. I don’t have FSD. Then service took it back over so it’ll be ready when it’s finished and I go to pick it up. My M3 loaner just got the update to 32.22 (it has FSD).

I sent question about getting the update via the service chat. Will see if they send out an update or tell me to sit back and wait :). I have a service request in to get a garage door opener installed. Looks like I may have to re-schedule (unless it arrives in 2 days) it since the package is delayed by FedEx in Oregon.
Got a response. Car is running the latest version…. Updates rollout slowly.