Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 M3LR Range only 330

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not surprised, I spoke to someone from JLR quite a few years ago about fuel economy on the XF when it was doing the rounds for pre-launch test drives. He said that what most people don't realise is that not only are the tests carried out on a rolling road (not sure if that's still the case) so environmental factors are removed, but they are also carried out on the base specification. That usually means skinny tires and very little equipment, so unless you buy that specification you're going to add weight (maybe 100-200kg) and perhaps a lot of rolling resistance if you go for bigger wheels.

I also found that JLR engines tend to be very "tight" when new and don't loosen off until they're over 35k miles at least - sometimes over 70k. My 2010 XJ got around 10% better between 55k and 60k, but my 2016 one managed that trick at about 37-40k - it would easily do 50+mpg on a long run with four adults and luggage
I think all manufacturers advertise different MPGs and CO2s for different trims.

So I’ve just got my new LR a couple of days ago and finally got around to fully charging it (100%). It’s stating my max mileage is 330, but my understanding is that these cars do 360 now. Any thoughts?

This is normal. Don’t worry.

Mine is 9 mins old with the same spec and has the same range displayed at 100% as yours.

Your range may increase a bit in the summer. The most I’ve seen displayed is 343 miles.

Ignore the claim of 360 miles. Your car is still amazing!

I've got a March 2021 LR M3 that was a demo car for 3 months from new. We drive it pretty gently on average. It's never shown 360. 340ish in the summer, 330 now in the winter. It's a very approximate estimate of real world range which has a huge number of variables. It's not a reliable indicator of battery health either.

Reactions: Teddy69
I've got a March 2021 LR M3 that was a demo car for 3 months from new. We drive it pretty gently on average. It's never shown 360. 340ish in the summer, 330 now in the winter. It's a very approximate estimate of real world range which has a huge number of variables. It's not a reliable indicator of battery health either.

Indeed .. it's a guesstimate. If I bothered to change from percentage my older SR+ would probably show 220miles or something in decent weather ... but on the other hand I drove 150 miles using only 50% battery last summer in favourable non-motorway conditions ... but it would be ridiculous to ever claim 300 miles range for a 2019 SR+! At other times a 100 miles would be nearer the mark ... take your pick. You get to know the car and what it can do but once you have a handle on it it's best to try not to dwell on it ... which is why many of us set the battery to percentage.