Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 and differences from 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of my 2021 LR-AWD. First-time Tesla owner. White/white, and the black window trim really sets it off nicely.

All looked good on delivery. Couldn't find anything visually wrong with the paintwork or body panels. I noticed one thing that I haven't seen mentioned, and that is the rear seat cushion seems larger and more robust than before.

Don't care for the style of the new sport wheels. Wish I could have gotten the prior design.

Q: How do you activate the rear seat heaters?

Took delivery of my 2021 LR-AWD. First-time Tesla owner. White/white, and the black window trim really sets it off nicely.

All looked good on delivery. Couldn't find anything visually wrong with the paintwork or body panels. I noticed one thing that I haven't seen mentioned, and that is the rear seat cushion seems larger and more robust than before.

Don't care for the style of the new sport wheels. Wish I could have gotten the prior design.

Q: How do you activate the rear seat heaters?
Sounds nice. Glad to hear all is well with your 3. Did you get the 3 free months of FSD that is now being advertised as an incentive to take delivery by 12/31?

I thought all 2021 had some redesigned parts, but ZERO. On my 2021 car parked next to a 2020, the only difference outside was the black trim. Newer cars will have the new headlights (I like the old ones better, so I was happy with not having the new ones), but that's it. So the only (but it's a biggie) worthwhile difference is the heat pump. Console cover looks the same, but there were some minor changes that I couldn't tell.

But have some questions that I can't figure out. How do you lock this thing? And how do you make it 'honk' when you walk away? We're having to lock the damn car with the app, and it's annoying. And yes, with phone inside a Walmart, car was still open. Why can't I see percentage of battery charge, or percentage charging limit? It's just a stupid line I have to guess what it is. And only miles in the charging menu, rather than % charge. Is there a way to change that? And finally, how do you check the TPMS tire pressures? Can't find it anywhere (service menu, etc). Thanks gang.

• Disagree
Reactions: Sbax
I thought all 2021 had some redesigned parts, but ZERO. On my 2021 car parked next to a 2020, the only difference outside was the black trim. Newer cars will have the new headlights (I like the old ones better, so I was happy with not having the new ones), but that's it. So the only (but it's a biggie) worthwhile difference is the heat pump. Console cover looks the same, but there were some minor changes that I couldn't tell.

But have some questions that I can't figure out. How do you lock this thing? And how do you make it 'honk' when you walk away? We're having to lock the damn car with the app, and it's annoying. And yes, with phone inside a Walmart, car was still open. Why can't I see percentage of battery charge, or percentage charging limit? It's just a stupid line I have to guess what it is. And only miles in the charging menu, rather than % charge. Is there a way to change that? And finally, how do you check the TPMS tire pressures? Can't find it anywhere (service menu, etc). Thanks gang.
All of your questions are explained in the user manual.
All of these settings are readily available in the car interface, so if you haven't found any of those I recommend you spend some time browsing the settings.

Glad I postponed it to today and I'm getting FSD, wish it was monetary :D

There are better ways to ask to get answers, but for you read the manual is the right answer.

Reactions: OttoR
All of your questions are explained in the user manual.
I changed them, but nothing happened. Turns out I made the changes on my wife's 'profile'. I had to do them again on mine. But thank you anyway for not helping. Ha ha. Manuals don't explain all the little 'gotchas', but eventually I'll figure everything out by messing with the car, and nicer forum members :).

I changed them, but nothing happened. Turns out I made the changes on my wife's 'profile'. I had to do them again on mine. But thank you anyway for not helping. Ha ha. Manuals don't explain all the little 'gotchas', but eventually I'll figure everything out by messing with the car, and nicer forum members :).

I’m with you dude! Pretty rude that people aren’t spoon feeding you readily available information in the owner’s manual.

Ah,yes. My bad.
I always start my "tips for beginners" with "make sure your profile is activated"

Reactions: Sbax and OttoR