Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 and differences from 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Q: How do you activate the rear seat heaters?

Congrats on the new ride!

Two options.... #1 Via the climate controls on the Tesla app, or #2 on the in vehicle screen press the icon that looks like a FAN.

That's your HVAC controls, but to the LEFT of that screen you'll see a second tab which is the seat heat controls for both front and rear.

3 levels of heat in every seat position. :D

Reactions: jmbloom_m3p
Getting 317 miles at 90%, at 244v charging at 51 mi/hr compared to my 2018 at 47 mi/hr

Attachments

• 213DF739-1505-49EA-92E8-D75E99B302B9.jpeg
    213DF739-1505-49EA-92E8-D75E99B302B9.jpeg
    660.9 KB · Views: 159
How do I know if my car has the updated headlights? I just picked mine up last week.

Coming from a BMW with xenons, which produced a smooth carpet of light, Tesla's lighting pattern seems rather splotchy and uneven. Is this a known characteristic of the Telsa?

Last edited:
How do I know if my car has the updated headlights? I just picked mine up last week.

Coming from a BMW with xenons, which produced a smooth carpet of light, Tesla's lighting pattern seems rather splotchy and uneven. Is this a known characteristic of the Telsa?

Here’s my 2021 model 3 sr+ with the new headlights, compare to the old one it’s got a lot more black in it, the biggest difference is the projector on the left side of the headlight.

Attachments

• 8965AC9E-2C2D-43C8-884E-3584AD29FEAF.jpeg
    8965AC9E-2C2D-43C8-884E-3584AD29FEAF.jpeg
    388.9 KB · Views: 131
Mentioned here Tesla China Model 3 gets new Model Y-style interior with heated steering wheel

Is the heated stearing wheel for the M3 P MiC, but also "Interior atmosphere lights". Does anybody have more information about this point? Does the M3 P made in Fremont have the white interior LED's in the door and footrest area?
At some point I hope Tesla will add ambient interior lighting, with adjustable color. That's something which becomes more standard in electric cars.

I don't wanna restart the whole conspiracy theory thing about heated steering wheels again, but can somebody with a 2020 and an early 2019 (real leather steering wheel) measure the thickness of their steering wheel?
I've had the leather, the 2020 and now I have a 2021, and it feels like the steering wheel is thicker than before (please provide something constructive along with the jokes).
Gonna measure it when I get home (yes, yes, funny).

Wood on the door is actually about simplifying. You’ll notice that the new door panels are all black... even with the white interior. Only difference is snapping in a small wood or white trim part. For buyers of white interiors, only things white are now the seats and 3 aluminum parts.

I will say that the new door panel crease blends in better with the b-pillar now.

ABD31965-25D6-45C6-AF50-1455150EBA9C.jpeg
D7E36092-5124-49A2-9E4F-249EA94EC03F.jpeg

Here’s my video of cabin noise comparison between 2018 model 3 and 2021 model 3.
Can't you get the average? It seems almost the same to me, fluctuating more or less to the same numbers.

Sorry, here’s a better comparison :)
I definitely like the old headlights better, especially on a white car, so glad mine didn't come with the new ones. The projector looks, well, cheap :).

Does the M3 P made in Fremont have the white interior LED's in the door and footrest area?
Mine only has the footrest area. So only the doors would be new. I remember seeing one with ambient lighting all along the dash; it looked pretty neat. I thought it was standard, so we were surprised only the footwells lighted up with ambient light was activated. Oh well.

Mine only has the footrest area. So only the doors would be new. I remember seeing one with ambient lighting all along the dash; it looked pretty neat. I thought it was standard, so we were surprised only the footwells lighted up with ambient light was activated. Oh well.
Sad to hear Tesla got the LED door lighting out of the 2020 version. I found a movie where the 2019 had them in

I hope Tesla will introduce decent ambient lighting like BMW/ Mercedes or just the Volkswagen ID 3 / 4.
For this amount of money I expected a bit more :oops: