Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 LR tire replacement advice needed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For context, I live in Florida (no winters) and do mostly highway driving.

The tires that came with my 2021 Model 3 LR are the Continental ProContact RX 235/40R19. I'm looking to replace all four, but the cheapest price I can find it $280 per tire.

Is there a good quality comparable tire out there for the Tesla Model 3 LR that won't cost me over $1300 (after install + tax) to buy and get installed?

I'm seeing tires like the Goodyear Eagle Touring (All Season High Performance 235/40VR19 XL 96V BK 500AA XL 4) at $156, but I don't know if going that cheap is worth it?

Thanks!

Reactions: M&M’s
Both of you, once done with Ian, grab a set of Vredestein/Apollo Hypertracs in OE size/spec or OE+ 245/40R19 and never look back. $215-217 per corner and as little as $185 if you shop around a bit.

No more bs foam and yet much quieter than stock, better handling, OE like rolling resistance and energy consumption, higher wear spec, etc.

Search on and off here and filter for Tesla reviews on TR:

Reactions: DocHolliday
I just bought 2 Yokohama YK740 GTX (235 /40 R19 96V XL BSW) from American Tires to replace OE Continental ProContact RX.

Will get it install next week.

Gir8Q3ScRgpvzv5Isk8ENUB-s_C-XB0YbH7nKKQaZO4K7rYufE4Bsh9xB6KOPCSprEP1ErRXbPfiXC1_uuz9BPEN_3fFuDS_REyeZ4x3na2T5mqiGnh6oqK0N0k30Z-YqgHs4J2iMh2MUwyrOQmerFkyOIuw6OMeGP-J=s0-d-e1-ft
4.4​

I just bought a set of the Tesla OEM Conti ProContact RX (with the foam inserts, etc). I wanted to stick with an EV-specific tire. I was considering the new Goodyear ElectricDrive GT since they have a specific fit and it was cheaper than the OEM Contis, but there are a few posts scattered about with reports of poorer efficiency.

In the end, the OEM Contis aren't cheap, but there was just a $70 Conti rebate, my Amex Platinum had an Amex Offer for $150 off $1000 at Tire Agent, plus I stacked it with 7.5% cash back from Rakuten.

I like the OEM Conti 19s. No need to mess with it...

I just bought a set of the Tesla OEM Conti ProContact RX (with the foam inserts, etc). I wanted to stick with an EV-specific tire. I was considering the new Goodyear ElectricDrive GT since they have a specific fit and it was cheaper than the OEM Contis, but there are a few posts scattered about with reports of poorer efficiency.

In the end, the OEM Contis aren't cheap, but there was just a $70 Conti rebate, my Amex Platinum had an Amex Offer for $150 off $1000 at Tire Agent, plus I stacked it with 7.5% cash back from Rakuten.

I like the OEM Conti 19s. No need to mess with it...
Same here. On my 3rd set of OEM Conti ProContact RX, sticking with what works well.

I replaced my MXM4's (grand touring tire) with Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 (ultra-high-performance all-season tire) and couldn't be happier. I always felt that my car had too much power for the MXM4's and they were not a good match. I often felt the tires were at their limit when I took a turn too fast, etc. I debated whether to replace the MXM4s with another tire with acoustic foam inside but decided against it. I've had a screw in the MXM4 and it's a real hassle to have them repaired. I've read there is very minimal sound difference if you get a tire without the foam and has good comfort and road noise ratings. I was going to go with Pilot Sports 4S (summer tire) to get better performance, but tread life was too short. Then I considered the All-Season Michelin Pilot Sport 4 which is roughly equivalent to the Conti's but the Conti's were approximately $30 less expensive per tire and came highly recommended so I went with them. I also went from 235/45/18 to 245/45/18 to have a little more rubber on the road. The Conti's are quieter than the MXM34s were and handle great.