Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seriously, how does that miss QA?
QA at Tesla…
1638706172901.png

Not a plaid issue, but has anyone found a solution to keep backup camera clean specially in this season?
As a Pilot, I bring the routine to the house and pre flight the car every morning with a quick wipe of the cameras and sensors. This car craps the bed with sensor failures driving in slush and I find this minimizes it.

Last edited:
My Model S LR has this weird 'cooing' sound coming from the ventilation slot on the passenger side of the main screen. Sounds like a small dove caught in the system. Very soft, doesn't appear to be related to fan speed but it goes away when I turn off the ventilation system. Not terribly loud but now that my ear is tuned to it, I hear it over low road noise and low music, annoying. Not a regular rhythm, sometimes few seconds, other times goes away for a minute or two. Maybe an actuator that moves a vent back and forth? I swung by the local service center and demonstrated it to one of the service advisors I've dealt with in the past, he'd never heard this and suggested I record it which I did and have sent it to him. I'm hoping he'll pass it up the chain to Fremont, don't want to bring it in to the shop for them to tear apart the dash for random diagnostics and then have the car stuck there waiting for parts...
Yep, discovered this exact sound in my car last night. I wonder if we all have it, and some have just not noticed it yet.

Reactions: impastu
Picked up '22 LR on Thursday and 80 miles in it's giving me DI_a250 and TAS2_a314 "Adaptive ride control disabled drive with caution" as well as limiting my max speed to 90mph. Service center scheduled for Tuesday
I have a service appointment on Dec 9th for that same problem. I was right around 80 miles when I got the messages too.

In addition to the paint bubble thingy, there’s some dust in between the glass and the driver screen (circled). It’s only visible in direct sunlight thankfully
Yep, mines the same. Only notice with direct sunlight hitting the dash, and given I live in Seattle that’s a rare occurrence! 😂 As per my previous post, I suspect all Model S have this problem to lesser/greater degrees.

• Informative
Reactions: anthonyj
While you are there check all the others and compare. Only thing I initially would be concerned about is where will the water go? How does it look from a side view? It looks good up on top though..
That was my concern, all of the other cars had varying levels of concern in that region. Along with this written on the windshield of my windshield.

Attachments

• DB490175-708E-4D66-8455-ADE3164EC313.jpeg
    DB490175-708E-4D66-8455-ADE3164EC313.jpeg
    327.2 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: impastu