Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NF 460 VIN here summarizing what I have and don’t have so far.

I don’t have the yoke buzz. I’m not sure if I’m looking at the right light, but my center console light isn’t reversed - it’s on when I open the sliding lid. My suspension wires are attached correctly and don’t rub. I’ve done a couple hundred mile drives in the cold and haven’t felt the footwell draft. Haven’t heard any noise from the mirror fan but I’ve been below 50 degrees here since delivery so maybe it’s a hot weather thing. Haven’t felt the vibration around 40mph. Haven’t heard the mirror rattle.

Tap any of the buttons on the yoke and then put your ear up to the yoke near the headlight button. You should hear the buzz then.
Does the light in the center cubby stay on when you open the sliding lid all the way? Mine turns off when the lid is opened fully and then turns back on when the lid is closed.

Reactions: LiveSai and impastu
Off-topic - you can still see your car while it's in service? Did they not put it in service mode or did something change? My app/API access always just said Offline/In-Service.
You can still see location. Can't do anything to the car though. You can watch it if they're driving you'll see the graphic update. But that's about it. Tessie app still pulls stats though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220114-102646.png
    Screenshot_20220114-102646.png
    409.9 KB · Views: 115
  • Screenshot_20220114-102826.png
    Screenshot_20220114-102826.png
    197.5 KB · Views: 93
  • Informative
Reactions: impastu
Tap any of the buttons on the yoke and then put your ear up to the yoke near the headlight button. You should hear the buzz then.
Does the light in the center cubby stay on when you open the sliding lid all the way? Mine turns off when the lid is opened fully and then turns back on when the lid is closed.

Got me on both counts. The yoke buzz is super quiet but it's there. I only hear it if I put my ear up to it. And I was looking at the top light in the center cubby (for the forward storage bin) - the bottom/inner light does go off when the lid is all the way open as you said.

Reactions: impastu and LiveSai
Got me on both counts. The yoke buzz is super quiet but it's there. I only hear it if I put my ear up to it. And I was looking at the top light in the center cubby (for the forward storage bin) - the bottom/inner light does go off when the lid is all the way open as you said.
both issues are on mine too just noticed it when I turn off my music sitting in the passenger seat. I have to leave chubby open so lights are off 😞

I assume it's software controlled. So, there's a bug in the code, since it shows up on all cars. Not likely a manufacturing error.
Anyone have a CANbus scanner to see if there's something on the bus for this switch? I would have assumed it's just a simple contact switch unless it's also powered by the Ambient Lighting setting? I have the diag cable on the way, but was planning on just using ScanMyTesla with my bluetooth dongle. I may pick up a CANServer to look at the body signals too just to poke around.

Any quick fix for Passenger Trim alignment?

Hoping someone has some insight so I don’t have to go through Service, thanks!

(Service would probably say “within spec” anyways :/ )
I think it's supposed to be like that, I had a large gap between my trim and side mirrors but I just pushed it in and it was less noticeable. the more I look at my car the more little things I see that bothers me. The dumb passenger front door bugs me the most, gotta remind people to slam the door.

How's she doing? Sorry to hear about your car, too... So rubbish.

My car did come online for 15 minutes today, though. So she's seen 2022! Last time she was online was December 31. So they're busy breaki.... I mean fixing things. Too late, Tesla. Too. Late. Back offline now again, because... traditions or whatever...
I think okay for now, but always on edge wondering if I'll notice something new or something happens to f up.

The rear windows squeak when rolled back up, and I wish my front fender was better aligned. steering creaks like crazy when I'm not moving and turning the wheel, which I'll probably go in for at some point. Learned to just live with some of these problems

Hopefully they do something about buzzing noise from yoke. Service center appointments are packed wont be able to bring it in until end of month. Litterally have a list of stuff for them to look at. I gotta stop looking at my car and just accept the thing at this point , dont think ill be getting roadster if quality control is this bad:(
1AA3C0C5-5C90-4949-89E1-A364CC5E1B37.png

Grrr I have this issue (it works very occasionally) and they told me it would be fixed in a software update (it hasn't).
They make that excuse for so so many things. It’s a hardware issue. Make them fix it.
Same boat. It is intermittent. I will say, it seems like its functionality goes up and down with software updates - e.g. a recent update seems to have borked it a little more, causing me to be closer. Only once has it not actually opened and I had to use the app. So I will keep an eye on it and if it gets to be a regularly occurrence, I will log it and submit a ticket for it.

Same boat. It is intermittent. I will say, it seems like its functionality goes up and down with software updates - e.g. a recent update seems to have borked it a little more, causing me to be closer. Only once has it not actually opened and I had to use the app. So I will keep an eye on it and if it gets to be a regularly occurrence, I will log it and submit a ticket for it.
I wouldn't bother opening your phone and app, you can just press gently on the port and it opens ;)

I think it's supposed to be like that, I had a large gap between my trim and side mirrors but I just pushed it in and it was less noticeable. the more I look at my car the more little things I see that bothers me. The dumb passenger front door bugs me the most, gotta remind people to slam the door.

Does the window travel down the same distance as the other doors when opened? There was some talk about the window not retracting enough, allowing some interference in closing. If you put the window all the way down, does it close the same? Does it sound different after window down?

Does the window travel down the same distance as the other doors when opened? There was some talk about the window not retracting enough, allowing some interference in closing. If you put the window all the way down, does it close the same? Does it sound different after window down?
When I put windows all the way it closes fine. but looking at the door it's not flush with the fender on the top side. It's either a missed align door or trim. It does travel down about the same height as the front driver side door, I doubt they'll do anything about it, I'll keep you guys updated appointment is on Jan 27th. The dude at the service center just compared a steering wheel to a cooling pump. What other car has a buzzing steering wheel?

Last edited:
I’d just get a new charge port. It’s an easy fix.

Reactions: impastu and cwanja