Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received my car tonight. What a great company. I
Can’t believe I bad mouthed them. Lol

the car is spectacular looking inside and out. Very comfy and very fast. Spent most of the time since it came just going through the setting. I still need to setup a lot of stuff. Sometime tomorrow I will take it through all the paces. Tonight was
Like personalizing a new computer or cell phone.
this is my first ev and Tesla. I can drive it anywhere but want to learn all about every function on the car.
i drove it in insane mode. What ableast
This car is going to be.
Yay
🎉😅😉all good.
For all of those that feel people like me are stooges for saying "hang in there... The business side of the house is crap but you will be happy with the product" please see above.

As for you Sbaimo, welcome to the club of EV nuts and CONGRADULATIONS on your car.

I got the biggest surprise today! I walked out the front door to throw out thrash and saw the car in the driveway!!! I was instantly speechless and over the moon! This car is spectacular in every way and the acceleration blew me away! Its just more than what I had hoped for and I cant even imagine how the plaid feels like! Congrats to all who received theirs today and to those who didn't, its worth the wait!
I will post some pics tomorrow!
and this one.

Congrats!!

@mmanner I deleted my comment as there's no need for that kind of negativity in here. My apologies and thank you for being understanding.
Thanks, and no problem, all of us here in this thread are by definition slightly nuts because of the delays and frustration with communication, etc. And the format of internet forum interactions isn't normal for humans. I'm zoomed out and forumed-out :)

Hope everyone who is in the US has a good holiday weekend,
Best regards,
Mark

My first attempt at a 0-60 run in my 2 day old LR with 21” wheels. Didn’t engage launch mode, battery at 85%, not a great bit of road (understatement), slight uphill gradient. I have little doubt this car has more to give than what this rookie got this morning ….looking forward to seeing some 3.0’s, 2.8’s with roll out I reckon…
2E220883-4FC0-44E1-8A3A-25BEE4DBBB63.jpeg

Picked up my plaid yesterday, rained all day. Not once have I been able to keep the tires on the ground. They break loose at 80MPH when you stomp on it in the rain. Absolute unit of a car. The service center said they are getting a truck load every single day of Plaids and LR, and they cannot keep up with the deliveries. South Florida. So chances are, all your cars are sitting at the service center just waiting for be processed. VIN's are assigned when the car is at your delivery center.

My first attempt at a 0-60 run in my 2 day old LR with 21” wheels. Didn’t engage launch mode, battery at 85%, not a great bit of road (understatement), slight uphill gradient. I have little doubt this car has more to give than what this rookie got this morning ….looking forward to seeing some 3.0’s, 2.8’s with roll out I reckon…View attachment 680028
Was this done using a Draggy device? I have a great spot, flat, new asphalt, but it did rain over night. Should dry out soon and I plan to try a few other iOS apps I downloaded.

Picked up my plaid yesterday, rained all day. Not once have I been able to keep the tires on the ground. They break loose at 80MPH when you stomp on it in the rain. Absolute unit of a car. The service center said they are getting a truck load every single day of Plaids and LR, and they cannot keep up with the deliveries. South Florida. So chances are, all your cars are sitting at the service center just waiting for be processed. VIN's are assigned when the car is at your delivery center.
Very nice and congrats.
Regretuflly, I stopped by my SC to make sure they were not prep'ing my car for delivery. The last thing I wanted to do was address a non June delivery when the car was being delivered in June :0
About four cars have gone through the service center and there were no more awaiting delivery (that I could see or anyone would acknowledge).

My first attempt at a 0-60 run in my 2 day old LR with 21” wheels. Didn’t engage launch mode, battery at 85%, not a great bit of road (understatement), slight uphill gradient. I have little doubt this car has more to give than what this rookie got this morning ….looking forward to seeing some 3.0’s, 2.8’s with roll out I reckon…View attachment 680028

Yeah, if you didn't do cheetah mode/launch control this car is going to easily hit 3.1 without subtracting rollout

The LR should be capable of doing much better than this. 670 hp should give you over 1 g of acceleration with your tires.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Yeah, yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should.

JavaScript:
new Date().toLocaleString('default', { month: 'long' })

Configurator is finally “updated.”
View attachment 680005
Not here, pick white with black wood interior and 21s

Attachments

• 4A75AC69-EEBD-48AD-B037-2ECCA6F9021A.png
    4A75AC69-EEBD-48AD-B037-2ECCA6F9021A.png
    461.4 KB · Views: 63
Any Canadians out there with some financing advise? Amount due is $184,987.36. I have about 150K cash and a line of credit at prime -0.25% (2.2%) to cover the balance. Anyone know what the Tesla or anywhere lease rate is? Looking to finance a bigger portion but only if the interest rate is super low...
After using my money to buy my Model3, I’ll be financing my Plaid/LR (still on the fence) 100% with Tesla. Their rate is 2.49-3% depending on terms so it’s the same as my own line of credit. But with what is going on, I’m not sure the banks’ rate will stay that low for long while Tesla’s is fixed in.

Personnally I’d rather invest my money at ~8%, than use it to pay cash to save 2.49-3% interest.