Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pure speculation - maybe the currently produced Tempest deform, crack, or don’t hold on to the aero covers. Whatever it is, it seems like any that have been produced are not allowed out in the wild. Again, pure speculation, but I’m guessing a vendor produced the wheels, not up to spec, and Tesla is awaiting the correctly specc’ed wheels to arrive, versus having to issue a recall for dud wheels.
may be completely off base, but really only thing that makes sense to me.
next, I’d like to guess about those 420-450 dusty cars, missing chips? 19” wheels? What if there are different rotors or other parts? Maybe Tesla decided better to let them sit instead of throwing 21” on for EOQ? or maybe more missing stuff? But the you’d expect those numbers to lessen. I think they’re waiting for the right 19” wheels, maybe those are even 3 or Y wheels there as place holders? Versus storing the cars in 450 jacks?
They changed the color. Who knows why. But that's the delay. Last minute color change caused the delay.

From the latest Gabe video. There's a ton there. At least one has a prototype monterey sticker

They changed the color. Who knows why. But that's the delay. Last minute color change caused the delay.
Is that fact, they changed the color? What was it before, or a different shade? If not fact, I’d wonder if there is more to it, maybe the prior color also had a tint that allowed corrosion? I dunno. Would suck if delay was for a silly imperceptible shade difference (if imperceptible).

From the latest Gabe video. There's a ton there. At least one has a prototype monterey sticker
It’s not just the color. New 19”s are staggered and are 9.5” wide in the front and 10.5” wide in the rear- just like the 21” arachnids. You can verify this in the parts catalog at epc.tesla.com.

the tempests are entirely new wheels

The original colour was just a standard uncoated aluminium / alloy. It looked a little out of place with the chrome delete the cars have now and people complained. The darker ones now fit the look of the car much better.

Attachments

• 0F070C85-3CCF-413D-8EC0-4752D7090010.png
    0F070C85-3CCF-413D-8EC0-4752D7090010.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 101
  • 36C46E12-49DA-4D37-A4B6-02C8222FEC47.png
    36C46E12-49DA-4D37-A4B6-02C8222FEC47.png
    748.3 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: GrnSqrl
I do not believe for a moment that they are not delivering cars with 19" wheels just because of a color change. There must be something wrong with them or they would give people the option of keeping the lighter silver color. I would bet there are several people here who would take the wheels (even if their intention is to change them out later).

We don't know, but we do know that they won't deliver them. Maybe they used the stock from the Raven until someone figured out the offsets were wrong... thus all the cars sitting waiting on delivery. Probably had to order all the wheels, which may take a while.
We absolutely know the previous generation tempest 19” wheels weren’t staggered. Check epc.tesla.com. It’s on there.

I thought I saw a few Archinad wheels on those dusty cars in temp lot. Sure hoping those cars have other issues and will never be delivered. None of the VIN’s we’ve seen are the low numbers from those parked cars.
Seriously think the decision to go dark 19’s was just made late and the potential for manufacturing/delivery delays, weren’t thought through.

Ordered jan 15th. LR red. 19’s. No date.

OK, i think things are moving....well i hope they are at least. So I ordered 4/25, Red, Black, Arachnids, No FSD...Delivery 8-10 weeks....went to August, then went blank. 6/25, changed color to MSM. SA told me it would put me in the back of the line, but since i waited this long, why not.
Then the delivery immediately changed to August, then went blank, then August, then Saturday i got a window 7/28-8/11, then Sunday it improved a day 7/27-/810. Of course Im out of town 8/1-8/8, but I am hoping I see a VIN and get a scheduled date sometime soon....

We don't know, but we do know that they won't deliver them. Maybe they used the stock from the Raven until someone figured out the offsets were wrong... thus all the cars sitting waiting on delivery. Probably had to order all the wheels, which may take a while.
They did have to order new rims. The color change that appeared about 3 days before the release (silver to dark gray) would have required a new rim and cap. It's definitely strange they did this a few days before release (which btw they also did with the 21s, the 21s got darker as well).

We absolutely know the previous generation tempest 19” wheels weren’t staggered. Check epc.tesla.com. It’s on there.
Sure. We know that. We don't know if they were just the wrong color on the refresh. There weren't too many mules I remember seeing that had the tempest, I don't recall ever seeing any tire pics of anything but the arachnids.

It's all speculation. We do know, they had to order them, it is taking a while, and once they get in the new rims they'll start manufacturing cars with 19s.