Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do not believe for a moment that they are not delivering cars with 19" wheels just because of a color change. There must be something wrong with them or they would give people the option of keeping the lighter silver color. I would bet there are several people here who would take the wheels (even if their intention is to change them out later).
I actually prefer the silver. I know most folks feel they’re ugly as sin. I think the darker ones are ugly, but not enough to change them. If it was just color, I’d imagine the EOQ push would have had them offered unless they maxed out their logistics for shipping/delivery. I bet there was a color change, maybe staggering, but my spidey sense says there was more wrong.

July 27th - August 10th.
Back to Blank

1626098061581.gif

A watched pot never boils. Based on my recent SA conversations (one of them with Tesla for over 8 years), it's clear that production of Model S LR with 19s will not start until August. So, irrespective of your RN, August is the earliest anyone is going to see a 19LR, which includes me. I have a March order date. I am expecting September delivery. August would be a bonus. I am done checking my order page until August. This is stupid. Good luck, all.
Agree with the boiling water analogy and more with reality and with a RN1150, very late May order. Though delivery is blank, I ordered in store with SA who never wavered from Sept/Oct. So that’s the earliest I’ve ever thought about. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’m also going to assume it may be later being new to this but watching the craziness on orders from 6 months ago still not fulfilled. Life marches forward. Time doesn’t stop. Christmas will be here in a blink and if so, the car too! Checking here is fun to watch RN’s only. Not to get tips on refreshing every 5 minutes to will the car into production. 🤣

I do not believe for a moment that they are not delivering cars with 19" wheels just because of a color change. There must be something wrong with them or they would give people the option of keeping the lighter silver color. I would bet there are several people here who would take the wheels (even if their intention is to change them out later).
Absolutely correct. Can’t possibly be because of just the color change, which has to be incidental. Otherwise they’d just paint the damn things and/or offer buyers the option to take the old inventory. What are they going to do, return the wheels they ordered by mistake? They had to order them thinking production was starting in Q1 before the delays that pushed it back to end of Q2. Now if the error was because they changed the size of the wheels as mentioned elsewhere that’s more than a painting issue and they might have to eat those wheels.

Agree with the boiling water analogy and more with reality and with a RN1150, very late May order. Though delivery is blank, I ordered in store with SA who never wavered from Sept/Oct. So that’s the earliest I’ve ever thought about. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’m also going to assume it may be later being new to this but watching the craziness on orders from 6 months ago still not fulfilled. Life marches forward. Time doesn’t stop. Christmas will be here in a blink and if so, the car too! Checking here is fun to watch RN’s only. Not to get tips on refreshing every 5 minutes to will the car into production. 🤣

I’m in Rhode Island. My SC is Warwick, so not far from Boston. Our cars will be on the same truck I’d assume. That being said, my mid June order has held firm with an OCTOBER big and bold since the day I placed the order. I’m assuming by then, we will at least see some dates bouncing around.

A watched pot never boils. Based on my recent SA conversations (one of them with Tesla for over 8 years), it's clear that production of Model S LR with 19s will not start until August. So, irrespective of your RN, August is the earliest anyone is going to see a 19LR, which includes me. I have a March order date. I am expecting September delivery. August would be a bonus. I am done checking my order page until August. This is stupid. Good luck, all.
Pretty similar feeling, October holding strong here. Which I am fine with, just regret selling my car as early as I did. But we are not in need of a car, just using my wife's Honda Pilot as a single car family. Plenty of people do it.

About the only thing I will hold out for is someone no longer wanting their car and my SA being able to offer it to me. There is one other configurations I am willing to accept outside of my original one.

Do miss my old S. Handed over the title yesterday and it hurt seeing her haha. But she is in good hands!