Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It went between blank and just the generic "October" until last week where it started as October 20 - Nov 1 and has worked its way up to today. You also have to keep in mind I live less than a days drive to the freemont plant in oregon so there is like almost no trasit time as well.
Ah nice!! I had October and blank for a while too. So I'm just happy to have a date lol

Reactions: Jjc8
yeah I actually ordered under 3 separate price points to do some A/B testing and also to see if tesla would prioritize shipping the highest price models first

so far its looking like that may be true 🙁
Well, EDDs are highly questionable, but it does go to show what Tesla’s intentions are. But anyone that thinks they’ll honor earlier reservations over higher margin orders isn’t paying attention.

Just logged in. I must have been unable to log in because they were refreshing data - in a bad way.

Today delivery date went from "September" to "Estimated Delivery: December 08 - January 07"
Just adding my build info:
  • Model S Long Range
  • Solid Black
  • 19" Tempest Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior with Ebony Décor
  • Yoke Steering
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
and delivery date today moved to December 06 - January 05. better... :rolleyes:

RN1154 (ordered early August)
LR Blue/Cream 19" w/FSD is holding steady at 11/23 - 12/13.

Totally fine with that. Happy to get a 2022 model for whatever that's worth, and to give manufacturing more time to apply fixes to common issues. Would be nice to get the car by Christmas, but I'm frankly expecting all kinds of new delays to occur and for it to get pushed to Q1.

That 20 day-long window is interesting. I've been watching others and have seen their windows shrink as they get closer. I wonder if delivery window size might be more of a predictor of progress than the actual date?

Reactions: Jjc8
Finally got an EDD. Only problem is I will be out of town during the EDD range. Any problem with them holding the car until I get back, or is there a strict cutoff?
I’m working with the same issue, after almost 8 months of waiting! I’m told the 3 day window can not be extended, even though it’s not end of quarter. I’m told I need a durable power of attorney to allow someone else to pick up for me, even if I pay in full in advance. I’ll let you know what my resolution is when I get it.

I’m working with the same issue, after almost 8 months of waiting! I’m told the 3 day window can not be extended, even though it’s not end of quarter. I’m told I need a durable power of attorney to allow someone else to pick up for me, even if I pay in full in advance. I’ll let you know what my resolution is when I get it.
Same here. My SA said I had to be available to sign papers, that a POA wouldn’t cut it for Tesla. About six times during the convo he said “let’s hope it doesn’t come to that”. The good news is I was told if I miss my window I don’t go to the back of the line and as soon as my config is produced I’d get some sort of priority. And the pre-price increase MVOA would still be honored.

Same here. My SA said I had to be available to sign papers, that a POA wouldn’t cut it for Tesla. About six times during the convo he said “let’s hope it doesn’t come to that”. The good news is I was told if I miss my window I don’t go to the back of the line and as soon as my config is produced I’d get some sort of priority. And the pre-price increase MVOA would still be honored.
Same here re: let’s hope it doesn’t come to that. My window is 8/22-8/28. I’m out of state 8/26-8/31. Keeping fingers crossed. First I was told I needed a POA with Bank of America (loan) but then it changed to a POA for my pick up person. Still not finalized. Tried to get home delivery but was told PA doesn’t allow.

edit: I was hoping I could pay in full and leave on the lot if necessary until I get back but that is not an option.

Last edited:
Finally got an EDD. Only problem is I will be out of town during the EDD range. Any problem with them holding the car until I get back, or is there a strict cutoff?
It's in your order agreement. 3 days.

Screenshot_20210817-191431_OneDrive.jpg

Same here re: let’s hope it doesn’t come to that. My window is 8/22-8/28. I’m out of state 8/26-8/31. Keeping fingers crossed. First I was told I needed a POA with Bank of America (loan) but then it changed to a POA for my pick up person. Still not finalized. Tried to get home delivery but was told PA doesn’t allow.

edit: I was hoping I could pay in full and leave on the lot if necessary until I get back but that is not an option.
Right now I’m Fremont direct delivery and my window is 9/10-9/30. I’m gone 9/21-9/29. Was told if it’s not available by 9/20 switch to SoCal and it would likely be home delivery with paperwork inside. So, I’m probably ok since if it’s not ready by 9/20 it probably won’t make a truck down south and get the several day delivery inspection before it’s delivered. I was told I have a few days to sign and FedEx back the paperwork so it should work out. Luckily I’m wiring my own funds so I don’t have to do that dance with a bank which would complicate the whole thing.

yeah I actually ordered under 3 separate price points to do some A/B testing and also to see if tesla would prioritize shipping the highest price models first

so far its looking like that may be true 🙁
I mean normally I’d say yes, but your interior / exterior is different across the orders, and white has notoriously taken longer than black, so I guess I would say it’s not the worlds best A/B test when you start introducing variables.

What is a containment hold?
When Fremont places a hold on delivery of vehicles because of an issue they are working to correct.
You EDD is likely to continue to change, so I wouldn't get too concerned about it at this point.