Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are EV credit items in the infrastructure bill but 2 dem senators are opposed to the size of the bill. Some dems say the bill will be reduced so some items for sure to be sacrificed.
Most of the time presidents have little to do with crafting bills, they push it along and sign.
Anything having to do with the government should be off limits here. Go discuss elsewhere. This is about Model S deliveries

Got another EDD (RN11435) kick to the nutz a couple days ago. January order now showing EDD of Nov 13 - Dec 03.

Betting my August Model Y order gets here before the Model S.

Additionally, my wife said suggested I put a deposit down on the Rivian I've been looking at.

Would believe at this point I might see it before the Model S!
We’ve had money down on a Rivian for 6 months and I NEVER thought I’d get it before my MS, now it’s looking much more likely.

There are EV credit items in the infrastructure bill but 2 dem senators are opposed to the size of the bill. Some dems say the bill will be reduced so some items for sure to be sacrificed.
Most of the time presidents have little to do with crafting bills, they push it along and sign.
I just read some on the two EV credit bills (House vs Senate). Both are pointing to a starting point of 2022, so deliveries in 2021 are currently out. Also, the MSRP cap is well below the price of the Tesla Model X and S...so again, those on this thread would currently be left out...

• Informative
Reactions: Pdubs and tbaud
My SA offered me a Plaid now. He says there are a few available in Colma, CA. My questions: is the Plaid really worth $40k more? What else do I get besides a faster 0-60 and 3 motors instead of 2? Also, my RN is 1156 and it's not showing an EDD, so I could either take the Plaid now, or wait most likely until next year to get the long-range.

My SA offered me a Plaid now. He says there are a few available in Colma, CA. My questions: is the Plaid really worth $40k more? What else do I get besides a faster 0-60 and 3 motors instead of 2? Also, my RN is 1156 and it's not showing an EDD, so I could either take the Plaid now, or wait most likely until next year to get the long-range.
For me? No.
No one here knows you better than you - what would you do if you had an extra 40k instead of a Plaid?

Beats me- LR Model S by the way.

One of the first ones I guess. Maybe it helps that I'm closer to the west coast and this is my 4th Model S plus I referred about 13 people that bought cars in the last few years ( legit referrals of friends and family)

I did find one problem with the car this morning, The charge port door doesn't open when I press the button on the Wall Charger's handle. I don't know if it's HW or SW so I put in a service request We'll see if they sort it out remotely.
Don't waste your time with service. Charge port not opening when pressing the handle is a common issue.

Reactions: VikH
Got it, wait for my car in peace, and avoid Tesla owners. Message received ✌🏻
No, just a bad day to make a comment about your wait when those with orders form January and not fulfilled. I have only been waiting 4 months can’t imagine their frustration. Basically everyone got pushed 2 weeks days.

John, choosing the Plaid shaves off 1 sec in 0-60 acceleration and with new tires, $2K more, you can drive up to 200 mph vs only 160 mph. You’ll need a track for 200 mph. Now, isn’t that extra performance worth $40K to YOU? For me, clearly not as the MS-LR is plenty fast enough. Frankly, I wouldn’t spend an extra $20K for that performance. My LR has been on order since Jan 8th and hopefully it arrives by end of month.
John

Wow. Thanks for the welcome everyone. 🙄
I for one would like to welcome you to the forum. I joined in late July and the vast majority of discourse has been positive, upbeat and friendly. We are all looking forward to our new rides, some way longer than others. It's only human nature to get a little frustrated with the antics of the EDD monkey, aka the VP of chaos. I have resigned myself to getting the car when I get it,. It's far less stressful that way. I enjoy reading this forum and participating in it. You should too. So.....welcome to the forum.

John, choosing the Plaid shaves off 1 sec in 0-60 acceleration and with new tires, $2K more, you can drive up to 200 mph vs only 160 mph. You’ll need a track for 200 mph. Now, isn’t that extra performance worth $40K to YOU? For me, clearly not as the MS-LR is plenty fast enough. Frankly, I wouldn’t spend an extra $20K for that performance. My LR has been on order since Jan 8th and hopefully it arrives by end of month.
John
To some people, yes, for sure. I suspect a far greater percentage say no. Like many here, I can easily afford the cash; I simply cannot justify it. Personally, I'm very interested in the EV technology and especially MS technology. IMO, the LR is no slouch on acceleration; so gaining speed upon highway entry is not a problem whereas my 1982 VW Rabbit diesel was just plain dangerous. I should add, I'm a septuagenarian no longer a spry youngster with my GTO with tri-power so again, [for me] the LR is perfect. Lastly, and again, just my personal opinion, many Plaid owners have spent close to $150K, out the door + up to around $10K for paint protection, ceramic coating, tint, etc. If I wanted to drop around $160K, I'd drop a little more and go Ferrari, not Tesla. I suspect a few here may agree, many more may disagree & I respect that...